Re: Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
js27195
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting this error message as well, and it comes in as a text but from my own number.  Really annoying.  What can be done to stop verizon from sending me the message?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for this inconvenience renesummers. Don't worry, we will get this fixed. Just to clarify, when did this first start happening for him? Is this happening with just one contact? Which Galaxy phone does he have? RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Sipperdog
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an iPhone 7. Got the latest iOS update an hour ago. Received this message for the first time ever about 30 minutes ago. I have not recently blocked anyone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jen_12, we understand how much of an inconvenience this can be to receive the insufficient funds error message after blocking someone, we'll guide you to the information on the details surrounding this message. Please visit http://spr.ly/66011Gsid for more details.

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
pilesofstuff
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi! Two phones on our family account are recieving these messages.

One's an iPhone 6plus and the other iPhone 7.
Both recently updated to iOS13.
Both are "child" phones in our family account
One has blocked numbers (but none recently), one does not.
Neither have Venmo accounts associated with their phone numbers. Nor do they have anyone that would be sending them funds via Venmo.

The update seems to be the only thing in common here. 

Verizon - please help sort this out. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly an odd occurrence and we want to get to the bottom of it right away. Do you receive this text at a specific time or during any specific event? StanleyC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, @Sipperdog! We understand how alarming it is to see that you are receiving this error message. Are you receiving text messages even after receiving this alert and are any of your other services like calls and data being impacted? GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
Sipperdog
Enthusiast - Level 1

Doesn't seem to be affecting anything else.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying this information for me, Sipperdog. Very strange that you are receiving these messages. To clarify, what is the number that is sending these messages? Are you currently a Prepay or Postpay customer?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
TN7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep reading that "you'll" get to the bottom of this but never see any answers. There are hundreds of people having this same issue. Can someone please really get to the bottom of this???