Receiving double text messages in Message +
TRIREG14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started receiveing two text message for every text I actually get on Message+.  Someone will text me one message, and it shows up in the conversation twice.  Anyone know how to stop this from happening?  I tried restarting my phone already.  I have a Moto Z2 Play.

Seems to happen on MMS messages.  How do I get it to stop???

App says I have 2 text messages, I only have 1, when I look, there is the same message twice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Receiving double text messages in Message +
TRIREG14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was advised to uninstall and reinstall it.  I have done that. I did it through teh google play app.  I did not lose any of my messages or message history when I reinstalled it everything was still there.  I have not had it happen since, and I have received a few MMS messages.  I am fingers crossed that it did work correctly and messages duplicate anymore.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support  Is someone looking into this and can they respond?  The Messaging Team?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
amvivaldi

I have the same issue with Message+ on a Samsung Galaxy S8, and it appears it is unique to one MMS message group.  It started at 07:13 AM PST today.  I do NOT want to lose the content of the conversation by deleting it.  I RESTARTED the phone but still having the issue.  I verified that I do NOT have duplicate contacts and that Message+ IS the default messaging app.  Any other suggestions, anyone?

0 Likes
TRIREG14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was advised to uninstall and reinstall it.  I have done that. I did it through teh google play app.  I did not lose any of my messages or message history when I reinstalled it everything was still there.  I have not had it happen since, and I have received a few MMS messages.  I am fingers crossed that it did work correctly and messages duplicate anymore.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your messaging application is working properly. What application do you regularly use for messaging? Are you connected to Wi-Fi or the mobile network when you notice the duplicate messages?

PamD_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, jav6, and Happy Thanksgiving! We are definitely aware of the duplicate messages being sent by Verizon messages and our technicians are working on a resolution as we speak. We appreciate your patience while we make the necessary changes, but we do not have an estimated "fix time" yet.

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello amvivaldi, having issues with your Message+ can be a headache, especially if it's your default messaging app. What recent changes have occurred? Aside from the duplicate messages, any other issues?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update, TRIREG14. I'm glad to see that uninstalling and reinstalling the application (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/) has resolved the issue. Please keep in mind that we are always happy to assist you.

Don’t forget two awesome values we offer:
One, with Verizon Wireless, you can change plans as often as your needs change. Be sure to review all our current plans often at this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/).

Two, Verizon Up (m.vzw.com/m/UpSocial). Each line can enroll on its own. You can get great rewards such as Device Dollars, concert tickets, daily bonus promotions, and more, just for paying your bill.

We are honored to have you as part of our Verizon family, have a fabulous Thanksgiving Day!

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
donnab68

Apparently 8 months later Verizon still hasn't fixed the double messages and I am also having touble with my texts not being received and me not receiving texts too!

0 Likes
Deathstrike

I found that if you delete the texts (if you do not need them) and restart your phone, the duplication stops. But.......I have a nagging suspicion that it's more Google's updates that cause this issue. I didn't have the problem until Google auto updated my phone. So to be honest, Google needs to be more diligent with their quality control of their updates.

So this is three years later, and the problem is still prevalent among Android OS phones. Also try reloading Google Chrome, or at least deleting the cache and history. Also try rebooting your phone. Google, unlike Windows ,does NOT advise you to restart your device. So you have to do that on your own. I think it is more the "updates" than Verizon because they update rather quickly, sometimes even weekly.

0 Likes