No Text Notification Sounds
homeoflove69
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get sound notifications for other apps, but do not get any for incoming text messages. I can not find any setting to change this. Is it possible to get sound notifications for incoming text messages? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: No Text Notification Sounds
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the settings for the phone and the text message application to verify there is a tone assigned to the text messages? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear that you aren't getting those notifications for text messages, homeoflove69. We definitely want to make sure that you can get those helpful notifications. While Ann154 had some good suggestions, here are some steps for checking your notification settings: http://spr.ly/66061zxc0 Please let us know if this helps. 

RyanM_VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

homeoflove69, excellent question, we want to answer all your concerns. The difference between the messaging apps is its capabilities, features and functions. For example its customization alternatives, additional benefits like accessing Yahoo/Yelp and extra options such as eGifting

The reason we are asking to change between the text app services is to determine/confirm if the app is the problem. Changing your default app will not be a permanent move (you can always change to your favorite one).

Once you switch the messaging app, let us know how the sound notification works.

GilbertoL_VZW

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the settings for the phone and the text message application to verify there is a tone assigned to the text messages? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear that you aren't getting those notifications for text messages, homeoflove69. We definitely want to make sure that you can get those helpful notifications. While Ann154 had some good suggestions, here are some steps for checking your notification settings: http://spr.ly/66061zxc0 Please let us know if this helps. 

RyanM_VZW

homeoflove69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, thanks to both of you for the suggestions and sorry for my late reply back. 

So, I am using Messenger + vs the Messages which the community manager suggested I change to. Could you tell me what the difference is? I don't want to change without understanding what the difference is.....in case I lose a feature more important to me than the sound notifications. 

I have check the Messenger + app, and selected yes for all notifications, there is no specific selection to enable sound that I see, toher than a "notifications during call, enable audible/vibrate notification while on phone call", which would seem to emply that the notifications should be enable for either audible or vibration. 

I do get pop-up notifications, just no sound/vibrate notifications.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

homeoflove69, excellent question, we want to answer all your concerns. The difference between the messaging apps is its capabilities, features and functions. For example its customization alternatives, additional benefits like accessing Yahoo/Yelp and extra options such as eGifting

The reason we are asking to change between the text app services is to determine/confirm if the app is the problem. Changing your default app will not be a permanent move (you can always change to your favorite one).

Once you switch the messaging app, let us know how the sound notification works.

GilbertoL_VZW

homeoflove69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you! I have my sound working. Once I switched to the Messages, I was able to find the notification and turn on sound for specific individuals. When I switched back to Messages+, I see that those settings carried over and I am now getting sound notifications under either app for the individuals I selected as "high priority." I'm not sure why there isn't a setting to get sound for all notifications, but I was able to set up to get sound for every individual that normal texts me, so that will meet my needs. Thank you again for your help. 

0 Likes
Mollytub
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue, text notification sounds are not working

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As someone who uses my own texting application frequently, I can imagine how frustrating this must be.  Let’s get to the bottom of this.  What type of phone is this happening on (Moto Z Droid, etc.)?  What texting application are you using?  When did this first start for you?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Sawyer2

I have an A50 and have the same problem that I get no sound notification when i get a text.  I have done all the basic settings and checks with no result.  I also have been on FB messenger with Verizon for weeks and have not had any successful help at all.  I am using the Messages app.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sawyer2,

We always want to make sure you get the support you need. I know how crucial it is to know when a new message comes in. We're glad to help figure this out. Are you hearing notification sounds from other applications and alerts? When did you last hear them from text messages? Can you think of any changes around the time this started?

AndrewT_VZW