New Z4 - Android OS and Mobile network standby causing battery drain
Jmgrant23

Just bought a new Moto Z4 and noticed the battery draining quickly. Checked Settings->Battery->Usage Details->Show full device usage and the two main culprits are Android OS and Mobile network standby. Called Verizon Tier 2 tech support and they couldn't figure it out. I cleared the app cache and data from Google Play Services and Play Store and that seems to temporarily fix the Android OS, as it disappeared from the list after the next full battery charge. But now it is back. Cleared the same cache and data again but this time it did not resolve Android OS being on the list. I have not been able to figure out anything to resolve the Mobile Network Standby. My son got the same phone at the same time and has not had this problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Z4 - Android OS and Mobile network standby causing battery drain
innodes

Same issue with an LG G5.  Started last week.  At 5pm the battery used to be approx 45%.  Now it has to be charged by 4pm.  I have a brand new battery and the same issue is happening.  Seems to be software.  Any fix available?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You should not have to charge your phone when the day is only half way over. I am sure we will figure this out and help you. I do want to clarify a few things. How do you use your phone? Have you done anything different recently like download new apps etc? Please tell me more. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
innodes

The only recent added app has been the MovieBoxPro, but that was over a month ago, and this has been in the past week.  Yesterday I was working from home and used the phone more than normal.  I needed to recharge it 3 times.

The primary use of my phone is calls, texts, some pictures and emails.  Rarely I will watch a video, but not during this time frame.  I also purchased a new battery thinking that might be the problem, but it is still draining fast.  Today at noon it is down to 45% when it used to only get to that point after 5pm.

Thanks in advance for the help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

innodes, I appreciate these important details. Let's continue troubleshooting. I would like for you to run a health check on your device to determine what may be causing this issue. Please review the following link for instructions on how to do this here: http://spr.ly/66081iBUC. Please provide me with the results located on #7, and let me know if any of the options show up red.

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
innodes

Thanks for the help.  Still an issue, I have to recharge 2 or 3 times a day.

Battery - Screen timeout was the only one with an error

- Shows Total screen use from 1 to 2 hours.

Performance - Apps with AD plug-ins

- Quite a few

Performance - WiFi calling off

- I live in the country, don't have wifi to use.

Storage - Temporary files

- 93 mg

0 Likes
innodes

This is frustrating.  I just unplugged the phone from a charge, at 100% within 5 minutes it is now down to 85% and all I did was to send 3 texts.  I never leave on location, wifi or bluetooth as they are battery drainers.  Nothing is on that I can tell. 

The battery usage details in settings shows

5% Apps

5% System

3% Mobile network standby

1% Phone idle

0% WiFi

0% Bluetooth

0 Likes
innodes

Battery saver is on. 

The texts did not include any attachments.  Text only.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking that, innodes. Do you recall anything on your device changing before this started to occur? Any new apps downloaded, new software update come through, etc? Is there any physical damage: http://spr.ly/66011iQFT

Christine MarieK_VZW

0 Likes