My son's Moto Z Play Battery is Draining literally 1% a minute
AndiJ78

In the last few weeks, maybe month or ago, I've been subjected to the constant whining and complaining of my teenage boy because his battery is draining at a ridiculously fast pace. He literally has to keep it plugged into a portable charger all day. We've done all of the troubleshooting steps recommended in the thousands of posts listed here but none of them have worked. Let me tell you have much fun it is to factory reset a teenager's phone multiple times and deal with the frustration as he must download his apps again. We've done the repeated battery checks, we've spent days in airplane mode, tested it with it in idle abs screen off, etc. and it STILL died in under 90 minutes. 

This is ridiculous. This is clearly a major issue and needs to be remedied by both Verizon AND Motorola. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My son's Moto Z Play Battery is Draining literally 1% a minute
bearone21
Legend

probably watching videos, twitter, facebook, messages, email, news, gaming all take a toll on battery usage.

i see the same thing in the gym with adults, tying up machines because they're married to their phones, like your son.

0 Likes
Iisa

My daughter's Moto z play is doing the same. We have tried multiple troubleshooting fixes with no fix. To the snide responder earlier, if you can't actually be helpful, just don't comment. Would love to get a resolution!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lisa, We understand the importance in having a battery that you can rely on, we'll be happy to help. We recommend that you have your son adjust the settings in the link provided http://spr.ly/6604EisTi, to extend his battery life. Is this information helpful?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

no one here has any idea what activity is going on with your son's phone because you didn't share any info except the 1% draw because you probaly don't know..

settings/battery.....see what's drawing the 1%/hr.

0 Likes