Motorola Z3 Keeps Shutting Down
Simmons2
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone has started randomly shutting off when I reach 70% battery power. I haven't even had it a year yet. I usually have to reboot it several times or plug it in to get it to work. Not convenient when I'm on the road. 

I've done all the phone checks and deleted stuff and removed apps. 

Verizon wants to offer me a refurbished phone but why when I'm still paying for this one?

Labels (1)
Re: Motorola Z3 Keeps Shutting Down
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Simmons2, having a properly working phone is key to enjoying your services with us. I welcome the opportunity to address your device shutdown issue on your Z3. When did this issue first start? Do you currently have Adaptive Battery turned on or off under Settings>Battery>Use Adaptive Battery? Are you using an approved OEM charger for your phone whether in your home or your vehicle?

If all troubleshooting has already occurred, then we will replace the device. We serve as an intermediary between you and Motorola and as a result, we will uphold their warranty to replace the phone with the same make and model device at no additional cost to you due to a manufacturer's defect being present. This process is in place so that you don't have to send your phone in to Motorola and wait for it to be repaired or replaced. With the warranty replacement, the new Device ID simply replaces the one that was on the original Device Payment Plan as the agreement transfers over to that device.

EbonyR_VZW

mercedesk
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Simmons2, having a properly working phone is key to enjoying your services with us. I welcome the opportunity to address your device shutdown issue on your Z3. When did this issue first start? Do you currently have Adaptive Battery turned on or off under Settings>Battery>Use Adaptive Battery? Are you using an approved OEM charger for your phone whether in your home or your vehicle?

If all troubleshooting has already occurred, then we will replace the device. We serve as an intermediary between you and Motorola and as a result, we will uphold their warranty to replace the phone with the same make and model device at no additional cost to you due to a manufacturer's defect being present. This process is in place so that you don't have to send your phone in to Motorola and wait for it to be repaired or replaced. With the warranty replacement, the new Device ID simply replaces the one that was on the original Device Payment Plan as the agreement transfers over to that device.

EbonyR_VZW

Hello Ebony , 

I am having the exact same issue, although in addition, my phone will only stay powered on for about 4 seconds, just long enough to boot. I have tried every trouble shooting option available, even a factory data reset and nothing seems to work. I have also tried recalibrating the battery . When phone shuts off, it is at 100%. 

Please help, 

Mercedes

digger67
Enthusiast - Level 1

A legit and to the point where I'm going to take a sledgehammer to this dang phone the constant shutting down no matter what the percent battery I have is just absolutely ridiculous. I hate hate hate this phone

WTF14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue, saying it politely. I'd there a fix at all?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello WTF14, 

We always want you to have use of your device, and I'm eager to help. I've read through some posts, and I would like to suggest a backup and reset. This is a step that resolves so many issues with a dev ice. Follow the steps here: http://spr.ly/66021gLrQ

Please post back with your results, thank you. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
stuart_strother
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem. Around 70% battery or less the phone shuts off. And often it will not start back up until it is charging. Very frustrating when I am out for the day with no charger. 

Ecaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same sbut down problem. Started in January. Shutdown even with 20/% power in both cellphone a d battery pack. Went to Verizon store and the salesman was clueless. He suggested the battery savermode? Thoughts please.

0 Likes
Ecaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. It must be the software!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Is there any physical damage on the device? EstevanC_VZW

0 Likes