Moto z4 dropping calls
Griffd
Enthusiast - Level 1

For about 2 weeks or more my phone has been dropping calls, at my home and various spots in the city (38103 zip code). My service goes from 4 bars to 0 intermittently. It's becoming quite annoying. My phone is less than a year old.

Labels (1)
Re: Moto z4 dropping calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Griffd, that's not the type of service we expect our customers to have. I was able to check the general area, and I'm not showing any reported issues or outages. Have there been any changes to the device over the past two weeks (new apps or software)? Do you know if any other Verizon Wireless customers are having issues in this area? Please keep me posted. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Griffd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Kevin, there hasn't been any changes on my phone nor do I know anyone with moto z4.  Do you have any suggestions of phone settings I might try?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Griffd, we definitely have more that can be checked and want to work with you to get to the bottom of this. You mentioned that you do not know of anyone with the same device and that is quite common, however, no matter what phone, are you aware of anyone else experiencing these dropped calls in your area? Are you using the 5G Moto Mod with your device? Let's have you complete a Device Health Check by following the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/. Should anything be highlighted in red or yellow, please click them to view the details and let us know what you see. Also, when going to the Settings, Network & Internet, Advanced Calling, is this currently on or off?  

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CSteffen2

I have the same phone for a little over 4 months now.  I have tried all of the suggestions from Verizon and waited hours waiting on Chats to discuss the next thing to try.  I miss 10+ calls a day and get messages on my phone that my phone could not find a network when I attemp calls.  

I got on line and found 100+ people are having this issue with the Motorola z4 and verizon.  Look up the Motorola website for the responses and problems, it is a well known problem that this model has, I am in process of getting the phone replaced to fix the problem.

I had a turbo 2 with zero loss calls in the exact areas I now can't use my z4 phone, and even installed signal boosters at home and my office, tried with and without HD calling, with and without Wifi calls, with selections for multiple networks...  with no avail.  I just wish I would stop getting the same responses from Verizon...."Never heard of that problem" "lets see what we can do" when pretty much everyone else with the z4 phones are having the same problems to some degree...  For proof, go on line and lookup Motorola Z4 problems with Verizon....  and spend hours and hours reading through the results of the search.... 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are appreciated, let's get to the bottom of this once and for all. Does the issue occur with all or specific calls? Does the issue occur in more than 1 area? Please tell me more.   AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
bukarado

I have been having the same problem, happened since the last update 2-3 weeks ago, dropped calls, wont redial, wont reconnect, can't hear each other. zip 93611

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help! Have you had any issue with messaging or utilizing cellular data on your device? AustinL_VZW

0 Likes
nastudent

I have the same problem with the Moto z4 dropping calls or the other person not bring able to hear any transmission from me for several seconds,. Zipcode 80015 no problem noted with text or data

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details. There are no reported issues in the area. Do you notice any change after you restart your device? Do you have any applications running in the background?

- ElizabethC_VZW

0 Likes