Re: Moto z2 play oreo upgrade anytime soon?
mr_kludge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still dubious. Can you grab a pic of the phone and update screen. Then you could post it on all the VZW SM sites and maybe get some acton. I would love to see those pics if you can come up with them. You are the ONLY person on the net claiming this.

I don't have a store anymore near me or where I hang out. I assumed since they are not online or via phone anymore that the stores were not selling them either. Thought they had been discontinued which spells the end of support.

Anyhow not looking forward to the update anyhow since I have a number of Moto 360 watches that may need to be factory reset and synced to a new major OS, possibly twice in the near future...if...

0 Likes
mr_kludge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oreo has been released for the Moto Z2 Play Verizon version. My phone just notified me of the update. I'm going to take the plunge, but I bet I will be spending a couple days redoing my 8 Moto 360 watches. Fingers crossed.

oscarh
Enthusiast - Level 3

yep, saw the notification (see the other thread.)  Must be coincidence that the update is coming down now, after all the griping and moaning here and in other threads.  Maybe VZW *does* listen.

mr_kludge
Enthusiast - Level 2

No ill affects, so far. Everything seemed to come back just fine. However the phone is MUCH more responsive launching and running, most, apps. WiFi is much better and faster. I don't have the IPv6 issue with my WiFi mesh system at home (but I haven't had issues with that for about a week now). I am liking, some, of the new features.

One negative is that I have a few gig less space than before, but still have plenty free.

mr_kludge
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe that this was always coming. My guess is that advanced features like HD Voice and VoWiFi probably delayed the release? We will never know for sure. Now I wonder how log 3.14159 will take?

0 Likes
mr_kludge
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's early on and I have only had this running for less than 2 days but I am noticing a marked increase in battery use and a decrease in battery life. This could be due to a number of things like a bunch of updates, my using the phone a lot more since update checking things and new apps on phone that have had to sync and install on watches. wondering if anyone else here is seeing that?

0 Likes
NICKH83
Enthusiast - Level 1

You should be able to download the update, now.

Smash591
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. My Moto Z2 Play just received Oreo this morning. I'm still learning all of the new features. So far my phone is behaving like it did when it was new.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

oscarh wrote:

yep, saw the notification (see the other thread.) Must be coincidence that the update is coming down now, after all the griping and moaning here and in other threads. Maybe VZW *does* listen.

VZW apparently released security updates for 7 phones on same day including this phone model.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hipaula8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally, downloaded & installed with ease.  Phone is running better.  I enjoy some of the features they brought back (green dot on app with new) & screen brighten with notification.  Of course, that does drain battery so you have to work out that in your settings.  All apps had to go through updates & I found that I reset phone a couple times to refresh system.  It'll be easier from here until 9.0 gets released next year.

0 Likes