Moto Z2 Play spontaniously shuts off and is hard to power back on
D_Zimmerman
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter has a Moto Z2 Play and it will randomly shut itself off.  It's not a battery issue because when you get it powered back on it will have anywhere from 40% up.  It's an instant shutdown.  To get the phone started again I had to hold the power button for about 10 seconds.  This just started within the past week or so.

I checked to see if it needed an update but it showed current.

It happens both Wifi and network.

It has happened in multiple activities...listening to music, VOIP phone, regular phone, no clear pattern.

Has anyone had any odd issues with random power downs like this?

Labels (1)
Re: Moto Z2 Play spontaniously shuts off and is hard to power back on
jj380
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this issue almost every day. Customer service has been worthless in resoling.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

j380,

Help is here! You deserve top-not technical assistance at all times & I regret that has not been happening. We want to make sure that your device does not power off & give you a hard time powering back on. Allow me to gather some information to make sure we get this situation resolved as quickly as possible. When did this problem start to happen? (A few days ago? A few weeks ago?) Around the time this started to happen, do you recall downloading any new apps or was there a new software update performed? Is there any physical or liquid damage to your device?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jj380
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello. There is no damage, I have the latest software update and I have

tried all the trouble shooting that customer service has given me. my phone

powers off randomly, freezes up and crashes. My wife's phone same kind does

same thing.

On Feb 27, 2018 5:38 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jj380,

I'm sorry to learn of the issues you are having with the devices. Since you are both having the same issue and you're using the same device, I'd need to gather some additional information. Instead of going back and forth, I've sent you a Direct Message. 

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Amsmith81
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone does this all the time and customer service has been absolutely no help at all

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It disappoints me to hear that several people here are experiencing similar issues with the same model. We strive for the best customer service. I am not finding any other reports or known shutting down issues for the Moto Z2 Play. Not to worry, I am confident that we can help you figure this out D.Zimmerman. 

Is there any type of physical or water damage (https://goo.gl/VEPbuL) on her device? Does she receive any type of warning or errors before it shuts down? How often does she restart her device or does she never turn it off?

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
danb1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

thats great you're disappointed... and all I seem to see is you are looking "to gather more information".....so what is the issue???

talking on the phone and bam.....the flash goes off and the screen goes black.  Turn it back on and the battery shows 30%.

ray_dye
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this problem. I took it to the Verizon store and they checked it out. Said it was just a manufacturing default and gave me a new one for free. I was still under contract.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Problems are never fun when it involves your cell phone, ray_dye. Had this issue resurfaced itself since you had your phone replaced? 

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes