Moto Z2 Force will not play any sound from any app
LEEFOR62

phone still rings - still plays notification sounds - has Moto sounds when turned on.  will not play music or any audio from any app.  AND it is intermittent -- stayed off for 6 hours yesterday, then came on for 2 hours -- now it is silent again.  do not disturb is not active - volume is up to high level -- have rebooted several times - both in safe mode and in normal mode.  What next ????

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z2 Force will not play any sound from any app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my phone to function properly at all times and definitely want you to have a good functioning phone, LEEFOR62. Let's take a closer look into what's going on. Has there been any damage to your phone? When did this start? Are you able to use your phone while on speaker phone?

0 Likes
LEEFOR62

Phone has not been damaged in any way.  new in late Nov. 2017.  Issue started on 4-2-2018 .... was listening to sirius xm with phone in my pocket.  suddenly went silent.  tried everything mentioned in 1st mssg above.  sound came back on about 6 hours later while playing a game then went silent about 2 hours later.  sound has not come back on..... and yes speakerphone works while on a call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LEEFOR62, we need to get your sound back to your applications. Thanks for your helpful details. Had you updated your software or any applications recently? What did you experience when you rebooted into Safe Mode? Can you listen to recorded videos?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LEEFOR62

As far as I know, no recent software updates for phone -- at least none at the time the sound went silent.  After Safe mode reboot, there was no improvement.  No sound from recorded videos.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I thank you for your attempts, LEEFOR62. 

Let's ensure there's no liquid or physical damage to your device. Please use the following link as your guide: 

http://spr.ly/6587DZJZ3

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LEEFOR62

Thanks for your reply.  However, problem was related to the phone in proximity to a bluetooth device that had been paired to the phone.  Since the device was active and paired to the phone, when an app was playing music, it would auto de-select the phone's internal speakers ---- thus no sounds.  The app was playing the music through the bluetooth device until it was de-activated.

Again, thanks.

0 Likes