Moto Z extreme battery drain
adg612
Enthusiast - Level 1

About a year ago, I updated my Moto Z to version 7 and my battery life went from about 1 week to about one day. With each update, it got worse and worse. However, the latest version 8 update caused extreme battery drain and now my Moto Z battery only lasts about 45 minutes before shutting off at 50-60%. Is there a resolution to this issue yet? This was a great phone for the first few months I had it, but these updates have been killing the functionality. I have been using Droid phones since 2012, but this will absolutely be there last Motorola product I ever buy if there is no prompt resolution. The complete lack of support has been appalling and I almost think my old flip phone from 2008 is more functional than this expensive paperweight.

Labels (1)
Re: Moto Z extreme battery drain
NATEAV41
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine does the same thing. It was good for a year but now it will randomly shut down and not turn back on, sometimes at 70 or 80 percent battery life. It won't turn back on unless I plug it into a charger. Today it did it at 71 percent only 30 minutes after a full charge. I'm so disappointed in this phone. I loved the turbos but I'll never purchase another Motorola again. If I wanted battery issues I would have bought an iPhone. Reading everyone else's comments on here makes me feel like neither Motorola or Verizon really care about the issue. I'll be saving up to pay this trash off and I'm going to change phones and providers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, NATEAV41. We want to make sure your battery issues are resolved as soon as possible. The best way to do a diagnostic on your device to check the battery health is to do a Device Health Check. You can do that by following this link, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/. It should give you more information on what is causing your battery to drain faster. 

JeffreyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NATEAV41
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did the device health check and everything was fine. I did a factory

reset. I've tried everything you all say to do. I never had this issue

until the latest update. I'd imagine it's just a ploy to get people to buy

more phones.

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018, 10:19 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is absolutely no way for a dependable phone to behave, NATEAV41. We’d never want you to have to consider leaving the Verizon Wireless family. I can assure you there’s no ploy to force you to purchase a new device. We’re going to give you the support and help you deserve. The next steps involve us looking into private details. To that end, I’ve sent a direct message to your inbox. Please be on the lookout for it.

GeorgeS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please accept our humble apology that you have not received an answer to your post, adg612. We’re going to give you the support and help you should have had when this first became an issue.  We’ll work together to go over the next steps, but we’ll need to do so on a non-public conversation. I’ve sent you a direct message with further details.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
snhardy
Enthusiast - Level 2

There has been an obvious problem for many months now.  I also have to have my phone plugged in virtually all the time.  Absolutely ridiculous that  no one has addressed the real issue, i.e. the software update.

jarmonbl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same issue. Phone is all but useless, unless it's plugged in.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

snhardy, we always want to ensure your device is working properly. How long has this been happening? Do you use the original charger that came with the device? We are eager to hear from you soon. - MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Dgierschke
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue!!! my phone is dead within 4 hours! I have to levave it plugged in all the time now.  Even sitting idle it dies with a few hours!