Moto Z Play battery suddenly drops near zero and shuts down
LyleCBrown
Enthusiast - Level 1

Lately (last week or two) my Moto Z Play has suddenly a much shorter battery life. At first I thought it just needed reconditioning, but before I could get to doing that, it got worse. Yesterday, I looked at my phone and it was at 55%. I started entering information into an app (Noom), and without warning the phone beeped and shut down. I had only been typing a minute or two.  I charge the phone and was surprised that in ~10 minutes it wsa back up to 60%.
Today, I was at 54% and it shut down while I was using the phone. I powered it back up and it was at 6%. It shut down almost immediately. I left the phone alone (not plugged in) for 40 minutes and powered it on. It was showing 51% charge, and when I looked at the battery log, it showed a steady trickle down to 54%, then a straight line down to zero, followed by a gap and a new plot starting at 51%. While using it (now with 51%), in about 2 minutes it beeped and shut down. Powering it back up, it showed 3%.
Help? There is nothing new that I have added to the phone.

Labels (1)
Re: Moto Z Play battery suddenly drops near zero and shuts down
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can definetly see as to how this issue can be troubling, LyleCBROWN. Have you tried using a seperate phone charger? CecileCVZW

0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Play battery suddenly drops near zero and shuts down
bearone21
Legend

how old is the phone, might be time for a new one?

0 Likes