Moto Z Play XT1635-01 various problems after Oreo update
WINDSTARPRO

Immediately after the Android 8.0 update my phone had many problems.  Problems were:

Alarms not working

GPS lost intermittently

sluggish response/ no response from finger print reader

audio play back choppy, interrupted

various other apps not working correctly

I have tried factory reset 3 times so far.  The last with a Verizon Tech on the phone.  The last with the tech assist did make the phone a little better, but most problems are still there.

I went to a Verizon store in Summerville SC and talked to a associate there.  Basically, told I could get a newer phone, or another phone.  No help there.

I asked if the phone could be rolled back, and basically, Motorola will not allow this.

So, basically, Im paying for a product that doesnt perform as intended.  If I could put the stock ROM back on it and be fine.  Very disappointed. I dont have all day to sit here and try to fix this, and dont believe I should be paying for something that doesnt do what i want it to.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Play XT1635-01 various problems after Oreo update
Buzzgirl06
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing on my & my husband's Moto Z Droid. The update definitely made it worse not better. They need to address these issues and quickly!! Sorry you're having so much trouble.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WINDSTARPRO, new device software updates are supposed to enhance your device experience and not eliminate them. We are sad to hear about all of the concerns you have been experiencing with your device. All of your efforts with trying to resolve this concern are truly appreciated. We would like the opportunity to dig deeper into this matter as well as review your device replacement options.  I have sent you a direct message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you.

Sylvia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important to be able to rely on the performance of your phone, Buzzgirl06. We’re here to help in every way possible. What exactly is happening on your device? Have you had a chance to update all your apps since doing the software update?

George_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NKT8A
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did either of you get any helpful feedback for your problems?  I posted about my issues yesterday (slightly different, but still 100% coincided with update) and haven't gotten any direct follow up.

I was reading last night about this (on my iPad, bc my phone is now a randomly-shutting-down, signal-blind brick).  There are rumors that VZW won't push out 8.1 to Moto Z because the 9.0 update will be pushing out in September/October. 

I hope they don't make us wait until then to get a real fix.  That would definitely result in customer loss, so I'm hoping it's just a bad rumor.

0 Likes