Re: Moto Z Force sound
Carte
Enthusiast - Level 3

This whole situation not only will cause me to never buy a Lenovo product again, but also we are going to strongly consider switching from Verizon to Sprint.

The only reason we have Verizon now is because of their superior coverage in certain areas we go. But honestly, after having Verizon for a year, since I started my job, we technically can get by without them. I have a work flip phone with Verizon I could technically use in a true emergency, and Sprint would give me more data for less money.

0 Likes
Carte
Enthusiast - Level 3

One more thing to add: Both Verizon and Lenovo have continued to push ads for Moto Z phones heavily, even with the knowledge of this problem. And they haven't even offered any sort of disclaimer when people buy them. Very crooked, dishonest, and irresponsible.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There will never be a statement from a Verizon official until the update is ready to be released. Even if Motorola has already submitted the update, the testing process could result in failure causing the update to be returned to Motorola for debugging and fix why it failed. If Verizon or Motorola announced prematurely when a update was coming and the testing process failed to get completed and approved by that date it would be a liability to both companies. That's why they will only say an update is in the works and never when to expect it until it is ready.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wayne72
Enthusiast - Level 2

"That's why they will only say an update is in the works and never when to expect it until it is ready."

That was my point. They have not said that an update is in the works, let alone even acknowledged the problem exists. I don't expect a firm date, I understand liability etc. It's been 4 months now, hopefully it will be resolved soon, but a Verizon rep has not commented on this topic since I answered their original question.

At this point it doesn't matter anyway just want it fixed!

0 Likes
wayne72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update for notification volume issue is live! After roughly 5 hours of heavy usage I can confirm that the issue is resolved, only time will tell. Hopefully this is the end of 5 months of being run around with this issue.

0 Likes
Carte
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, finally. Yet this whole experience will definitely make me never buy Lenovo again and probably we will leave Verizon when we need new phones.

0 Likes
AMAHUT45

A bit off topic but still on the topic of the Force sound and update.....My in call sound is now too loud. Each time I answer a call I have to remember to manually turn the volume down before putting it to my ear or it literally blows me away. I seriously don't need to use speaker phone. It was fine until a couple days again when I did a factory reset for other unrelated issues. Anyone know of a way to permanently adjust the in call volume? I haven't seen it in settings.

0 Likes
DB512
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's March 2017 and I'm having the same problem. No notification volume for calendar events although the notification sound is at max and what appears to be a long delay in ringer sound.

DB512
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone still has no notification volume for calendar events although the notification sound is at max and what appears to be a long delay in ringer sound. I have the latest update: NCLS25.86-11-4-6-5. What version is your update that fixed the problem?

AMAHUT45

I don't have an issue with notification sounds. My issue is when I'm

talking to someone on the phone. The in-call volume is massively loud. I

have to turn the volume down on every call. I can't find a setting that

adjusts the in-call volume permanently so I don't have to do it on every

call.

0 Likes