Moto Z Force sound
VANSPU69
Enthusiast - Level 1

The sound of my ringer and notification sound are barely audible.  I have all the volume options turned way up is there something else I can do to make my phone louder?

Labels (1)
Re: Moto Z Force sound
rcschnoor
Legend

I am guessing there is either something not turned up or you may have a defective ringer. A trip to a Verizon store may solve the problem or they would possibly get you started on a warranty replacement. If  you are within 14 days of purchase, they will likely just give you a new device.

0 Likes
wayne72
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a gift that came with the latest security update which also included some sound upgrades do to some popping noise on some phones. Now we have low notification volume and what appears to be a long delay in ringer sound. I have not gotten anywhere with moto on this issue yet, let alone verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wayne72-

We want your notifications to be heard loud and clear. Let's get to the bottom of this. You mentioned that this came with a security update on your device, when did that take place? Can you please describe what you mean when you say 'long delay in ringer sound'? We are eager to get to the bottom of this!

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wayne72
Enthusiast - Level 2

These issues started immediately following the ota security update that included some enhancements, according to the change log, for the moto z and z force. The issue is that the notification volume is 1/2 what it used be, if not less, and the ringer issue. Now for texts and calls I have vibration turned on, when I receive a call it vibrates about 2 times before the ring tone can be heard. If I was to hold the speaker to my ear I would be able to faintly hear it till it suddenly ramps up to full volume.

All other sound is fine, music, video etc.

I have done 2 complete factory resets, from scratch, no saved app data. I have thoroughly tested these problems in safe mode , I have spoken with moto tech support who promptly put the blame in Googles lap, I have spoken to Google tech support.

I am not the only one experiencing this issue. I love the phone, but it appears that anyone who has done the update on their phone is having these issues. The ring delay is an issue, but not as big of an issue as the notification volume.

Thanks

BKRPAUL

Mine was that way when new.  Got a update on 9/24/2016 and all notifications are louder.

0 Likes
wayne72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am glad your problem seems fixed, you're the first person I've heard of, who has installed the most recent security update, have the problem fixed afterwards. This whole thing is odd. I am hoping your phone continues to have no more issues.

0 Likes
THOMCD17
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes my Moto z force is similar except hardly can hear person I'm talking to and music is also VERY low almost like 1/4 to 1/2 volume at full volume setting

wayne72
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, how's the latest software update coming. Any information at all?

0 Likes
bobcock

Has anyone come up with a fix for this? My phone is 2 days old and wish I didn't do the update. This notification volume issue has been known for sometime. I can't believe it is a problem at the end of Nov. into Dec. What good is this phone if you cant hear your messages being announced.

0 Likes