Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nascar3, It's essential that you get the most out of your Moto Z Force. I regret that your phone is draining so quickly. Let's get the answers that you need, and get this fixed. You've had an excellent start with your troubleshooting steps. 

To get some clarification, when you say that you get decent battery life in Safe Mode, how long does it last?

How do you typically use your phone (heavy, moderate, or light use)?

Did you update your phone to the latest software? Here is how to check (under System Update Instructions). http://spr.ly/6606EW2Fj

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
Tdhogan

Did they ever actually fix or address this issue? I've done all of the tech basic recommendations that do nothing to help the issue. It's gotten worse and now my phone goes from 50% to 1% in 5 minutes. This is ridiculous and should not be happening to a Motorola phone. This was the best phone I have ever had. My contract is up next month and now the phone is getting even worse - coincidence? I can't imagine so. 

This should be remedied. 

T Hogan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my phone to work well at all times and want to ensure you have a phone with a lasting battery, Tdhogan. We'd like to take a closer look into your concerns. Are you using the charger that came with the phone? Has there been any damage to the phone? When was your update complete?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
bobbyvnyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the exact same issue.  My phone will show 70 or 80 % battery life and will just shut down.  It won't turn on until it's plugged in, at which time it immediately shows its got 70 or 80% again.  I only get about 20-30 minutes of usage before it shuts down.  I tried all the troubleshooting.  I did the device health check, the factory reset, the disabling of all 3rd party aps.  This isn't about too much drain, it's some sort of problem with the battery itself or the opertating system reading the battery incorrectly.  My phone is only 1 year old, has no damage, and is just about useless unless its plugged in.  Please help verizon! I've been a loyal verizon customer for years and I loved the previous droid phones, but unless this issue gets fixed I'm switching phones and providers.  I've gotten no help on this issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bobbyvnyc - We apologize for the issues you are having with your Moto Z Force Droid. I depend on my phone daily, so I can understand how inconvenient it is for you to have to keep your phone plugged into a charger for it to work. We are grateful for everything you've done on your end. Don't worry. We are here to provide you the help you deserve. I sent you a Private Message. Please reply to the Private Message at your earliest convenience.     

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
DigitalBear
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't say no one else has reported this issue one more time. You know darn well that's a flat out lie. Every Moto droid on my account has gone from multiple day use charging nightly to needing to be on a charger constantly because they'll drain in less tja. 2-4 hours IDLE. Of the 11 other Moto droid users I know... They ALL are experiencing this and Verizon is doing NOTHING about this other than shoving it under the rug. You want us to be quiet? Fix the darn batteries or roll back the update that is clearly causing this issue. Period! (Extremely unsatisfied customer about to cancel 8 lines of service)

gonapunx
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone has degraded to an unusable level. I can not take a picture with out my phone crashing. after it crashes it will not turn back on unless plugged in. If I try to turn it on after a crash it will either tell me I have low or no battery or crash again on boot. When I refer to no battery I have reached a screen where instead of the normal low battery exclamation point it has a question mark(?). I have had my shutdown from low battery then plug it in and it tell me I am at 75% then I unplug it then I am back at 0% battery. I have tried all available tactics including safe mode. My battery life is almost non-existent. i have went from 100% to 0% in a hour time period. I have been a dedicated Verizon customer for many years and this is unacceptable. I know well enough that this is not a 3rd party app issue. This is a hardware or a OS issue.  My boss has the same phone with the same issues. He has already switched devices and providers. I bought this phone for it battery life and its camera and now I have neither. I have no faith in my phone incase of an emergency or even the simple task of taking a phone call or picture. I am going to switch devices and providers if this isn't fixed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer, gonapunx. We value your loyalty here with us. I'm sorry you are having issues with the battery life on your device. I know how important it is to have a working phone, especially for emergencies. Let's look into this issue and find a solution. Please perform a device health check using the My Verizon App with the steps listed on this link. http://spr.ly/6608EaxRe Let us know if you see any items that can be improved that are listed next to an exclamation mark inside a red or black diamond.

Also, please place your device in Safe Mode using the steps listed on this link. http://spr.ly/6602EaxRi Does this issue with your battery life happen when the device is in Safe Mode?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
Liz991

I have the same issue. This MUST BE FIXED!! 

0 Likes
gonapunx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Booted into safe mode at 100% battery life. was down to 75% in 30 mins of active use by a 1 1/2 hours was at 47% (30 mins of active use and a hour of inactive). Tried to take a picture in safe mode and turned off on me. I didn't see a option to boot into safe mode from a off state; I had to boot up normaly. By normally I mean, 

• I tried to turn it on
  • It got the booting video and died
  • Try to turn it on again but it says 0% battery
  • Then I had to plug it up for it to tell me i was at 46% battery
  • Try to turn it on again while it is plugged in for it to boot properly.

Battery health check didn't give any useful information beside I used an app 4 days ago that delayed sleep mode for an hour because i was active using it for that hour.

So to expand my number.

In Safe Mode.

• 2 hrs of active life. 
  • 4 hrs of inactive.
  • 0 pictures taken.

verizon says (https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/moto-z-force-droid/#specsHeading)

• Standby Time - Up to: 20 days
  • Usage Time - Up to: 29 hrs

motorola says (https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-z-force-droid-edition)

• Mixed usage up to 40 hours

I am guessing Verizon also knows that there is an issue with the Droid Z Force because it has a very low trade in value. A high trade in value it used to get people to switch from working phones to new phones and they a refurbish it for resale. Low trade in value says there is probably a reason why the customers want/need to trade it in. Thats me speculating about how the trade in process works.

Device Est. Trade in Value Release Date

Droid Z Force$10September 2016
Samsung s7$38March 2016

Battery life in even in safe mode it is 2 hours of battery life is unacceptable.

0 Likes