Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cinvos2123,

We understand the frustration of dealing with tech issues. We want nothing more than your phone to run smoothly with optimal battery life. As this thread has several troubleshooting steps posted, what have you completed in terms of troubleshooting? Have you completed a factory reset? Has there been any physical or liquid damage on your device?

Gina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are always meant to bring improvement to your device Looneyman. We are here and want to get this figured out. Since the factory rest have, you attempted to recalibrate the battery?

Recalibrate the battery
•Press and hold the power button until the phone reboots (10secs)
•Plug phone into the OEM Turbocharger
•Allow the phone to charge to 100% (leave on the charger overnight).

Continue to test for 72 hours after this has been done.

Alberto_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BIGDRAUSE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Verizon stop referring people to battery saving tips. We have all tried them. How about I stead admitting you don't know anything about the problem and have no idea if it will be fixed. Every single Verizon Motorola phone that has been updated with your pushed ota Oreo update is having extreme battery drain. I have a Moto z play and my battery drains 20% in 4 hours while on standby. This is not acceptable.  Stop with these generic replies because that's what your computer prompt says and go report this terrible. Honestly I'm very unhappy with the fact you won't admit it's a problem. I'm in IT and work with electronics. If you can't help with this problem then close this topic!

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

BIGDRAUSE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Factory reset doesn't fix anything stop procrastinating on the issue. It's a problem go have it fixed instead of patronising us like we have no idea about these devices.

GEOFOLKS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem as other folks in this thread.  Doesn't seem like a coincidence.

MAUNA-POI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the exact same issue here, since the update.

have to keep phone plugged in, otherwise it is useless.   Will drain in less than an hour with NO apps running. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you reaching out and understand your concern with the battery issue, BIGDRAUSE. Just to ensure we are on the same page, when the factory reset was completed were the same applications loaded back onto the device? 

Chris_VZW

hootfish71
Enthusiast - Level 2

battery drain.jpgI hav done a factory reset per the "tech guy at Verizon" that I think made it worse.  I can't even open the camera up to take a picture if it is not plugged in!  I can't do anything unless it is plugged in.  My phone is NOT paid off and I am thinking about going to an Iphone as much as I HATE them but this has made me so mad.  My phone is useless unless it is plugged in Smiley Sad 

MAUNA-POI
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was forced to buy a new phone -not a moto-as my moto was also useless due to the update causing battery drain.   The sales rep at Verizon said they have had four or five people, at least, with the same problem and all but one had to buy a new phone.  The lone one had a warranty and they got a free ”overnighted” replacement. something is definitely rotten in the state of Denmark and it will be interesting to see if the Verizon customer support people figure that one out !!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MAUNA-POI,

We are sorry to see that you have been having battery issues since the new software update launched for your Moto Z Force Droid. We know what an inconvenience it is when you are constantly running out of battery, as I too would be very frustrated with this issue. Just to clarify for you, Verizon does not launch or create these software updates, that is completely up to the phone manufacturer. Good news is that we do have a link that can help you extend your battery life, please use the following link for steps on troubleshooting a short battery life for a Moto Z Force Droid: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/motorola-moto-z-force-droid-edition-troubleshooting/#/main/d...

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes