Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
womanofgod
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is hope. So I got tired of not hearing any useful information and called Verizon myself over the weekend regarding my husband's Moto Z. Like many of you, my husband has done everything that has been suggested repeatedly with no success, has called Verizon, Motorola, visited the Verizon store (what a joke that was), read the forums and finally switched back to a very old phone that's terrible as well. Even though we're still paying on this non-working, for the most part, paper weight. I let him handle it until I had time to deal with it. Anyhow, here's the scoop.

As you may or may not know, Motorola is apparently no more. Sold to Lenova, etc. They are denying that Oreo had anything to do with the battery malfunctions in the phones. Per the Verizon rep I spoke with, he said it's the batteries themselves. They found that more than 80% (I believe) of the phones that have been returned have water damage in them... I don't believe he was lying to me--maybe that's what he's been told--but that's ridiculous in my opinion.

Anyhow, I told him up front that, after 20 years with Verizon, I was done if they didn't make this right for my husband. I didn't let the rep get a word in edgewise until I said all I had to say (without yelling) and told him we've done everything suggested, at least twice, to no avail. That my husband had a basically non-working phone we're still paying on. Etc., etc., etc. He was very nice, listened to me and worked on a viable solution.

A refurbished, certified, "like new" phone is being shipped at no charge as I write this. We did add the more expensive warranty protection just in case he experiences another issue like this through no fault of his. I thought I'd share this with you all to get you going in what should hopefully be a better direction than where we've all been. Wish you all the best. Smiley Happy

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
KDJMAX
Enthusiast - Level 2

I call garbage on the faulty battery story. How can it be fine, then the minute after the update to Oreo it goes to garbage. I shouldn't have to get a new phone or anything else. Someone needs to own up and fix the problem, otherwise it sure seems like a scam to get people buying new phones.

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

CINWIL73
Enthusiast - Level 3

See Verizon does not care about customer services or losing long term  customers.  I think I am going to go pay some visits to other cell company's today. And trust me I will put this all over social media that i can. They asked for my contact info as well, and none yet as responded back to me. However int he mean time, i do know if i have a ER and can NOT use my phone, and they know about this issue, I will be taking some legal actions. They know this problem is not a fluke their are way to many people complaining@@. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MSBNEB, thank you for those great details. With this information, there is nothing that appears unusual or in a critical state. As such, what we would like to do is have you complete the software repair assistant. Simply follow the steps at http://spr.ly/6580E6xee. Once completed, please let us know if you see any improvement.

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
andrewt_vzw
Verizon Employee

CINWIL73,

We value your loyalty and wouldn't want to see you go anywhere else. I certainly understand how important it is to have a phone you can rely on when you need it. We're here to find a solution so you have a phone you can rely on. I've sent you a private message so we can get more details and fully assist you. Please reply when you can so we can help solve this.

AndrewT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your tenure since 1995, and can see how having only 2 hours of battery life would be challenging to deal with, KevinARigney. Let's ensure we get to the bottom of the battery drain, so you can enjoy your device again. To begin troubleshooting, what type of user do you consider yourself (light, moderate, or heavy)? Had the software just been updated around the time the battery issue began? Had any new applications been added around that time?

We'd also like to run a Device Health Check on your phone, so we can check everything that may impact your battery. Here is a link with steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/

Please keep us posted on the results of the health check.

Lynn_VZW

0 Likes
RE6MU
Enthusiast - Level 1

I came to this thread back in July, hoping to find a solution. But from what I can see, after months of people reporting the problem, Verizon still doesn't have one.

Seeing as how I can't get an upgrade at the moment, have tried all the troubleshooting, and complaints continue to pour in, I'll check back again in another month or so to see if there's a solution beyond "Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?".

The Moto Z Force had one of the best battery life times on the market, but the oreo update has rendered it useless. To say I and other customers are frustrated would be an understatement of biblical proportions.

0 Likes
CINWIL73
Enthusiast - Level 3

I totally agree with you RE6MU -- it has been awful since the update. I have done everything to the phone . All the trouble shooting.. Safe mode --factory reset , etc etc.  This phone will be paid off in 2 months, however the problem is i do NOT want to upgrade and then have to pay another 25-45 dollars per month for another phone- its crazy, we should not have to do that..Verizon should stand behind their costumers, however they do not, So i have no resource but to turn to another carrier in my area.

Which after speaking to them on the phone,  it may be just a blessing due to much cheaper prices than what i am paying now. Verizon should replace anyone's phone that has this issue.  I am sorry that you are having all these problems as well, i hope you get a solution soon.  I am done with Verizon

0 Likes
reginau_vzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

SHADOWKITTEN,

Time is valuable and I am truly sorry we did not contact you back. I would like a chance to pick up where the last representative left off with you and fully resolve your device concerns.

As a fellow consumer I understand wanting the best options possible, and feeling like you have been provided an adequate solution. With that said, I will be sending you a Private Message to continue shortly.

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER
@VZWSupport

If my response answered your
question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This
ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your
help with this!!

0 Likes
geovannj_vzw
Verizon Employee

It's definitely worrying to see that your battery's performance has decreased after updating your device's software. Although an upcoming update can help fix any known issues, we want to provide you with immediate assistance in order to get your device working properly.

The troubleshooting steps that you previously mentioned are extremely necessary because they help us make sure that your device properly adjusted and that there are no external factors affecting its performance. A step that can help us find additional details about your device is to perform a device health check. The following link will guide you through this process. Please inform us about the outcome once you complete this process. View Device Health Check - My Verizon app - Android | Verizon Wireless

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes