Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TRAJEH98, having a long battery life on your device is vital, especially to accomplish your daily activities. No worries, we are here to help. When did you notice the lack of battery life? What recent changes have been made to your phone? How do you normally use your device?

Gilberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TRAJEH98
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like everyone else, my battery life fell off as soon as we were forced to do this update.

No changes other than the uodate.

I use it like anyone else, phone, text, a few basic apps, none of which were new when the problem staryed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CapCityCoop, we're happy to hear you received your replacement. If you have any other concerns, you know where to find us. 

Anthony_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TRAJEH98,

As a fellow user of the Moto Z Droid family, I can attest to the importance of having a solid battery life, and I apologize you're having these concerns with sporadic battery depletion and charging. Your service and loyalty mean the world to us and we'd never want to see you switch carriers. A solution is a must and I'm here to work with you and get to the bottom of it.

I have sent you a direct message within this platform to assist further. Please respond at your earliest convenience so we can address this.

Ryan_VZW

0 Likes
DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Curious why it is always a private message...if you are handling the issue let's see what the solutions are.

DUDEZXT
Enthusiast - Level 3

I give up and am probably doing what they had hoped I would do all along.  I've gone ahead and ordered a MotoZ3 and will be trading the replacement device they sent me a week ago in for $100 toward it.  I have spent too much in Moto mods and want to keep them active for a little while and a new phone seems to be the solution.

0 Likes
DANBUS32

Any resolution on this issue, I can't get through all of the posts and see if anything has been resolved because all I see is boiler plate answers from Verizon. This is an issue and is on Motorola forums also caused by the last release. My phone used to work for almost two days, now the battery last less than 8 hours, what is going on?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with your phone charging and shutting off, josco18. I know exactly how important it is to have a fully operational phone at all times. I'd like to look into this more closely. I have sent a private message which you can view here: http://spr.ly/6586D2ktp

Ryan_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TRAJEH98 Thank you for the valuable information. Please let us know, are you using the original charger? Do you typically close applications not in use? Please tap in the following link with great tips for your battery life (similar model):

http://spr.ly/6585D2kAD

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
nomadpeo
Enthusiast - Level 1

i agree.  I have a z2force and I am about to ship my third phone back because it is dead in the water.  I have tried all the tricks and methods Verizon reps and others have suggested.  it will not come back on.  the refurbished phones I am getting are experiencing the same problems that took out the original.  this is frustrating and interrupts critical communication.  I have to put my sim card in the older phone and use it until the new one comes in, only to get it set up and now in two weeks it has repeatedly shut itself down and now won't start.  when you go to the latest and greatest and it doesn't work, you wonder if maybe it's time to make a major change.  in store support is non-existent....they say they are not technical.  if the only solution is to keep getting more phones with the same problem with no hope of fixing the problem, maybe at&t is starting to look like a possible solution.  I've had this account for over a decade but the support is not there.

PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEMS !