Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have jumped through every hoop they offered to try and spent hours on the phone (hooked to the charger of course) with Verizon and Motorola and always end up with the same answer " just $150 for a replacement" Been a verVeri customer for 17 yrs but if that is how they treat loyal customers I'm exploring Sprint or US Cellular

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ANGROL82,

We understand how frustrating it can be to have trouble with your phone having a short battery life. I would be upset as well. Let's discover a few clues. Have you attempted to recalibrate your battery? Does your phone get warm at all? Are you using the charger that came with the device?\

Here are the instructions to recalibrate the battery:

Recalibrate the battery
Press and hold the power button until the phone reboots (10secs)
Plug phone into the OEM Turbocharger
Allow the phone to charge to 100% (leave on the charger overnight).

Jenelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DUDEZXT
Enthusiast - Level 3

My battery was draining on standby in less than a day. I deleted some apps and cleared cache, but that didn't help. I finally resorted to factory reset, only to find that the phone came back up to initial setup and it wouldn't see the sim card and wifi is nonfunctional. I tried the sim card in another phone and it works perfectly.

What can I do about my moto z force that I can't setup to use?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry, I can imagine this is frustrating DUDEZXT. Don't worry, we will get you up and running and make sure your battery is working as it should be. To move forward, we will need to access your account. I have sent a Private Message to begin.

Rosanne_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems alot like the iPhone deal where they sent bad software and ended up getting sued

JSMOR40
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue .  I finally had enough after this week of terrible battery and random shutting down at 60% battery.   I discovered this thread while looking for an answer (if there was one) as to why my phone isn't working anymore.  Smiley Sad

This is disappointing and aggravating .

Is there any way to go back to the old operating system before the update?

DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been told there is no way to go back several times now

0 Likes
RICGOM23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I solved the problem by getting a new phone.

Anyone know how to start a class action suit against verizaon and motorola?

DUDEZXT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seriously? Really, there's no point. You now have a newer working phone. I thought it was funny when I saw the trade-in value for this phone is now $59. I'll keep the new one with all my Moto mods or I'll sell them as a bundle.

0 Likes
TRATYL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having the same problem. Right after the Oreo update my phone just started shutting off. It's now to the point where it doesn't work unless plugged into charger. I have contacted Motorola who tried to help me resolve the battery issue. When nothing worked they offered to replace my phone for $150. The $800 phone I just got finished paying off and have only had a year and a half! I'm pretty angry and feel that my phone should be replaced absolutely free of charge. Someone is to blame for this and they should take responsibility, but who am I kidding. Everything is all about money. They want you to have to replace your phone. There's no money in a product that will last. I'm done with Verizon (whom I'm been a customer of for a long time) and Motorola unless they send me a phone that works.