Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have dealt with Verizon in the local store, on here, support calls, and Motorola support.... Everytime the solution is replacement because I don't have insurance or warranty on my phone. So basobasic here is an update that will destroy your battery so you can come buy a new one..

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RICGOM23,

We can relate to how important your battery life is to you. Because devices are mini computers, each concern is addressed separately. How long is your battery lasting? What type of user would you categorize yourself as? Please choose from the following:

Heavy User

• Frequent use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
  • Frequent use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
  • Frequent web browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
  • Frequent use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

Moderate User

• Occasional, light, or no use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
  • Occasional or light use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
  • Occasional or light browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
  • Occasional or light use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

Light User

• Very light, or no use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
  • Very light to no use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
  • Very light to no browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
  • Very light to no use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

Kati_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone, it's apps, my location, or streaming habits have not changed it the last 2 years... The morning I unplugged my phone after the update 8.0 is when it lost its battery.  If I was the only one I'd say ok the phone went bad but to many people with the same issue and veriVer and Motorola do not seem to want to help unless you pay for their mistake.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LacyS, we know how important a reliable battery is for your daily needs. We certainly appreciate all you have done in working towards finding a resolution. The next step we'd like for you to complete is a Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps, content or inserting any SD Cards into the device. This link has those steps: http://spr.ly/6587DaRWW. Once this has been completed, you'll want to recalibrate your battery. Here are the steps for the battery recalibrate: Press and hold the power button until the phone reboots (10secs). Plug the phone into the original Turbo charger that came with the phone. Allow the phone to charge to 100% before removing from the charger. Once both are completed, test the device for 72 hours and keep us posted if you notice an improvement with the battery.

Nicole_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DIGMYSHOVEL,

We always want your issue to be resolved on the first contact with Verizon Wireless. A software update should improve the device. Sorry to hear that this is not happening and I can certainly understand your frustration with this update. Thank you so much for all your hard work in an effort to resolve this issue and we want to help. I have sent you a private message, please respond to this message. 

Thanks,

Pamela_VZW

0 Likes
hootfish71
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem.  However ... is this a Verizon problem?  If it is an update isn't it Motora who is the issue?  I am Not happy at all and will never buy a Motorola again because I have been going back and forth with them.

DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

All ready tried a soft reboot and a factory reset on this device. What else ya got?

0 Likes
DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was in a call with Verizon support and got moved to the next level tech and got no where, then he conferenced in Motorola to the call and they said the app comes from Google... Oh and I need a new phone now also because after the hard reset it but yet I told him it still has the same software that caused the issue...got nowhere after at least an hour on the phone

DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure where your private messages are going to but I don't seem to have any

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DIGMYSHOVEL wrote:

I'm not sure where your private messages are going to but I don't seem to have any

If they sent you a Direct Message, then it would be in the Community Inbox.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes