Moto Z Force Droid: Dead Pixels and Massive Battery Drain
eglayog

To Whom It May Concern:

I've seen numerous posts about the horrendous battery drain and unprompted reboots on the Moto Z Force Droid since the Nougat and Oreo updates. While I still have not seen a viable solution to this issue, could dead pixels on the top portion of the screen (hiding the LTE status) also cause a battery drain? 

This phone is only about a year old and upgrading to another phone is economically not viable at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Force Droid: Dead Pixels and Massive Battery Drain
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s fair to say that a great number of us consumers rely heavily on our cell phones, eglayog. It’s therefore a foregone conclusion that battery life must be maximized as much as possible. We’re all here to help you sort this out. Numerous things affect battery life: Usage on the phone, number of apps, frequency of charging, and so on. Please share more details about the dead pixels you’re experiencing in the top portion. When did that start? How does your battery life now compare to what it was prior to the issue starting for you?

You also mentioned that you’ve not seen a viable solution to the battery drain in your research. In my experience, every customer whom I’ve helped with this issue has resolved it by doing a Factory Data Reset http://spr.ly/6605EdOtD Have you considered taking this step, then slowly (one or two at a time per day) adding back any apps?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes