Moto Z Force Droid - Camera Error
biffer2430

My Moto Z Force Droid recently started acting up giving me the following message nearly every time I go to use the camera:

Camera Error

Please restart Camera

I'm only using half of the internal storage, 13% of the SD card where the photos are stored.

I've done a clear of the cache.  Removed a flashlight app but the error continues.

The only way to clear it is to restart the phone.

Any help in getting a functioning camera would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Force Droid - Camera Error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use your camera is a must. We are here to help. Did anything change on the phone when the problem started? Any damage to the device?

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
biffer2430

I believe that I have uninstalled the two apps that I added after I found out that the camera error was occurring.  There is no visible damage to the phone itself.  It's in near pristine condition.

I can take pictures for as long as I have the camera app open.  Once I close it, the Camera Error: Please restart camera error appears.

I'm finding in the File Manager that there are two jpg images which crash the File Manager whenever I try to open them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, biffer2430. We want to turn this around for you. Looking at this situation we want to make sure that all of your applications are updates along with your device as well. Please check for any updates and see if that helps.

FranklinM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
biffer2430

Hey Verizon Customer Support!  Thanks so much for your interest in my problem.

After multiple attempts to delete the corrupt jpg images I decided to do a hard reset of the phone.

The camera is now performing as it should with no errors.

Now if I could only remember all of the apps that I deleted.  One by one I'll find out what I'm missing but thankfully my contacts were retained thanks to Verizon backup.

0 Likes