Moto Z Droid freezing and rebooting
SPEBLA18

My Motorola Z has recently started freezing and rebooting (again (third time)).

I've had this problem once before, and performed a factory reset. I was very careful about what apps I installed, to make sure they wouldn't cause a problem. I started getting the same issue, so I went into a Verizon store, and a technician confirmed I had plenty of free storage, and no background apps. She also noted that there was an update I could install, which may resolve the issue. So I installed the update, and for over a month I haven't had any issues. But today, once again I'm getting the freezing/rebooting loop. Even in safe mode, and sometimes the phone will reboot while it was in the middle of booting up.

So my question is: since rogue apps and storage aren't the issue, what is? Could overheating or hardware issues cause this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Droid freezing and rebooting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SPEBLA18,

A working phone is a happy one, and I appreciate those details you've shared on this. I can tell you've done your research on how to best help your Moto Z, but let's keep going. Do you notice any warmth before or during this reboot? Do you recall what the phone is currently doing when this happens?

RussellM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Brian-Walker

I have exactly the same problem. The phone gets hot during this malfunction. The problem stops if I put the phone in airplane mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is never good to hear you are having issues with your phone freezing and rebooting. Let's look into this together. When did this start? What software version is the phone currently running? Here is a link with the steps to check. https://motorola-global-en-roe.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/113801/p/30,6720,983...

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes