Re: Moto Z Droid Battery Issue
Not_happy5

This is my SECOND Motorola Z Force with the quick, unpredictable battery drain issue. Verizon originally told me "...we don't replace batteries, you will need a replacement phone..." I was under insurance coverage, so they told me a new phone would be shipped to me. What I received was a reconditioned phone that now, just a few months later has the exact same battery issues. Verizon/Motorola, I(we) have been loyal customers for many years, but this lack of customer support is both annoying and disappointing. We are debating on whether to change phone service providers and move to another brand of phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not_happy5, 

We never like to hear that you are having issues with your device. We certainly would not want to lose you over this either. We want to ensure you understand how everything works.

You always have a one year manufacturer warranty on any device purchased. If you are outside of that one-year warranty and manufacturer issues arise but you have insurance, that will extend out your warranty to the life of the device. You will not have to pay for the replacement. You only pay a deductible if there is physical damage or the device is lost/stolen. Most carriers all have the same process as well as insurance carrier (Asurion). 

Your warranty replacement devices are certified like new replacements. This link goes over this further for you: https://www.verizon.com/support/certified-like-new-replacements/?lid=sayt&sayt=certif*

In regard to your device that you have currently, can you fill us in further on what exactly is happening with the "battery"? Is it a charging issue? Is there a draining issue? 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
Not_happy5

Rapid, erratic battery drain. Phone will go dead as if it has no battery charge when it has 85% - 6% power remaining. It is completely random. Never know if I can use the phone for 10 minutes or 2 hrs. Battery indicator totally unreliable. Phone will go dead, but connect charger and it immediately will have 50-85% battery life. No pattern.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not_happy5, It is odd to hear that your device is behaving this way. How long has it been occurring? Do you recall anything changing on your device before this started (ex: software update, new app downloaded, etc)? Is there any physical damage to the device (ex: cracks, water, corrosion)? 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
Jfirneno69
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. I have a Z3 and suddenly, out of the blue, my battery goes from 100% to 98%, right after disconnecting charger, then to 66% 28 mins later, only used message plus and email for 1 min each. How can this be? No apps were installed, but there was an update a few days ago that may be suspect. I only owe $60 before my phone is paid off, seems so typical that it starts acting up around the 2 year mark.... ALWAYS. I've had Nokia, LG, Motorola, Samsung.... All do the same dang thing at the 2 year mark. Better stop complaining, my phone is now at 49%.....bunch of garbage. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never like to hear that you are having trouble with your device Jfirneno69. We understand how important it is to be able to have a phone that works when you need it most. Which software version do you have on your phone now? Are you using the original charger that came with the phone by chance?

0 Likes
Macona

I have the same problem.  So I bought a new phone and just activated it today.  I thought maybe it was just some bad luck with a defective phone but now it looks like it's a design problem (or mass manufacturing defects).  Phone dies almost immediately after charging.  But I then started to think maybe others have been having this problem and, sure enough.  It's running Androd 8.0.0.

Any recommendations to fix it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a reliable battery is key. Itis a concern that you're having the same power issue after receiving a new device. Did you receive a new charger as well? How long did you leave the phone on the charger? 

0 Likes
Macona

Not sure my first reply went through.  I worded my original response wrong. I'm not having a problem with my new device. It's the Moto Z that can't hold a charge for very long much like everybody else that's reporting the problem here.  It started suddenly many months ago.  I thought the Moto Z that I had was just a bad unit but it seems to be a wide ranging problem with other Moto Zs.  I was hoping there would be a way of fixing it.

0 Likes
Jackasus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish people could actually comprehend what is being said so they don't ask stupid questions. Two different people have ALREADY stated the battery life is random!  Do you understand random? It means never the same amount. Also the battery is dying when it registers (in my son's case) up to 70% remaining.

0 Likes