Re: Moto Z Droid Battery Issue
MIDUSHI138
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel your pain.  I've had the Moto Z for only 1.5 years.  Didn't have any issues until about 2 months ago when my battery started draining for no reason - even when it was idle.  I didn't add any apps.  I always use the Motorola turbo charger.  The phone wasn't dropped and did not get wet...it doesn't have a scratch on it.  It really doesn't get a lot of use as I also have a work phone.  I've done everything on this thread and more....tried to re-calibrate the battery as recommended online and also tried to restore/reboot/recover, remove all apps, shut off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings that can drain the battery ....you name it.  Apparently, this is a major problem as even the cell phone repair stores won't even try to replace the battery...but they will with almost all the other Motorolas.  I've had good luck with Motorola's over the years but this one is a dud. Initially, it would completely shut off around 20%...then it was 40%...then 70%.  As I post this message on my laptop, it dropped from 100% to 80% in 5 min without any use at all.  Within 15 min. of being idle, battery was completely dead....so disappointing and so much wasted money.  With Verizons increasing rates, I can't afford a new phone as I already have 4 phones on my family plan.  I just keep it plugged in now for occasional use.  Thankfully, I can use my work cell phone when I'm out.  They should discontinue this model.       

0 Likes
Utahstormchaser

Same issues with my Moto Z 3, fast battery drain, extremely slow charge, like 24 hours. No more turbo charge, now always charging slowly. All this happened when the last update occurred. I am still paying for the phone. Other issues, if while on a call and I leave the call screen, you can never return, return to call in progress only takes you to home screen. Hitting any other option to try and return ends the call. I assume Motorola has intentionally done this to the phone to cause us to purchase a new phone. They are no help, because phone out of warranty. This is what class action law suits are made of. 

0 Likes
Utahstormchaser

I am sure Motorola has done this as an intentional update to cause us to buy new phones. A call to Motorola is a waste of time. They want to charge you to work on it. Illegal business practices in my opinion. So many phones acting like this after their update is no coincidence!

0 Likes
Utahstormchaser

Exact same issues caused from the latest 2020 update. You and I are not alone, countless others are facing the same issues. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Utahstormchaser, we're concerned to learn that you're having issues with your phone after the latest update, and we'd love to help. Please explain to us what issues you are experiencing to better assist.

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
Roger1957
Enthusiast - Level 2

“Hello Utahstormchaser, we're concerned to learn that you're having issues with your phone after the latest update, and we'd love to help. Please explain to us what issues you are experiencing to better assist.”

After page upon page of complaints this, or some variant, is how Verizon responds to all of these posts. There are other threads with many more comments than this one. Hundreds of customers begging for them not to answer with canned responses like this and address the problem. 
They will not. 
They are fully aware of the issue. 
Edicts from on high are to obfuscate, deflect and deny. 
They are confident that no class action or other legal remedy will be pursued.
I am, after two decades of loyalty to this provider, examining other options.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would really hate to lose your preference, Roger1957. The last thing we want is for you to feel this way. We'd like to change your perspective on Verizon Wireless. To clarify, are you experiencing this issue after a software update as well? Please tell us more? - ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
Roger1957
Enthusiast - Level 2

See? This response is exactly what my comment was referencing. You know the problem exists. There have been literally thousands of posts on your own and Lenovo’s boards about it. You know you can’t fix it. You sold me the unit. You know the updates you got me to install, through your carrier, are at fault. Either that or they, either purposefully through planned obsolescence, or because of a basic defect, are malfunctioning. You will try to engage me and ask me all sorts of scripted questions and spend a good deal of my time going through various steps that you know won’t work. Then when all of this fails to remedy the problem you will tell me to bring my phone in for (expensive) service then battery replacement and those won’t solve anything either. You assume I will eventually tire of the whole thing and buy a new phone from you. 
If you want to do the right thing and keep a customer you will replace the thing free of charge. Nothing all that fancy necessary. Just a smartphone that actually works when it isn’t plugged in. Otherwise don’t bother wasting my time with your self serving garbage. A good start would be to forward this to whatever account retention department you folks have. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do not want you to feel this way. We can definitely assure you that we are here to help you fix any issues you might be experiencing with your device. Please keep in mind that these troubleshooting steps are extremely necessary for us to find the root cause for these issues.
The following link will guide you through the process of calibrating your device's battery. Please go through this process and inform us of the outcome: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-165413/
GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
Roger1957
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unreal!!
Are these responses just automatically generated? 
If there is an actual person reading this do you really think I haven’t tried your scripted suggestions already? They don’t work and you know it. 
I am going to take the perfectly good phone you people broke to my nearest Verizon store (859 Broadway New York, N.Y.) and let them waste their time with your bogus “fixes.” When they don’t work I will request a replacement device.
If this situation isn’t resolved to my satisfaction Spectrum is offering me a very attractive and much less expensive wireless plan bundled with the services they already provide. I have already transferred my business phone to them and am only holding off on moving the two lines I have with you there as well because I have cloud storage with you and because there is still hope that my decades of loyalty to Verizon will result in a positive outcome. 
My email is [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] if you want to contact me. 

0 Likes