Re: Moto Z Droid Battery Issue
John0343
Enthusiast - Level 1

So following this thread because it so hits the issue in the head.  I am so interested in the solution.  Disappointed by Verizon responses.  No new apps added.  No particular pattern (might not even be able to finish this post.). System updated, followed recommended steps.  I switched from Samsung based on Verizon representative suggestion.  The only thing that has changed before my battery  problem started is I paid the phone off.  Please share the fix, and it should not include buying a new phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had this far. There is always something we can do to help. I'm saddened to hear we haven't already found a resolution for you. Please tell me, what were the last steps that were taken? Also, please send us a Private Message for account specific help. VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us John0343. We will need to take a closer look, and get you authenticated. I have sent you a Private Message. 

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
JCSPDX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Following. Have been having the same issue exactly as described in this thread. It started late February/early March. 

0 Likes
okiearkie
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband is having the exact same problem with his Moto Z Droid. He doesn't have a bunch of apps and mostly just talks and texts on his. Battery dies in very short time and he has no phone. We also got it paid off not long ago and why should a person have to buy a new phone every couple of years when they cost so darned much money? And once you buy the phone, their value is gone almost immediately! I've been following this thread hoping to find a solution. We know how that's going. Very poor customer service!

0 Likes
okiearkie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently verizon has given up on answering all of us with this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, okiearkie. We are still here to help and we definitely want to assist with making sure that your husband's Moto Z Droid's battery is working correctly. How long has this been happening? How long would you say that it takes for the device to go from 100% charged to 0% charged? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
RedRockinRooster
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've never seen a more worthless discussion board in my life. 

HELLO VERIZON!!!  WE ALL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!

NO, WE HAVEN'T ADDED ANY UNUSUAL APPS!

NO, WE'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING DIFFERENT THAN WE DID YESTERDAY OR THE WEEK, MONTH, YEAR BEFORE!

YES, WE'VE DONE THE FACTORY RE-INIALIZE AND LOST MUCH OF OUR DATA!

THE PHONE IS A $750 PIECE OF JUNK, AND WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK!!!

DON'T BOTHER WITH YOUR TRADITIONAL "WE'RE SORRY YOUR HAVING PROBLEMS WITH YOUR PHONE, WE WANT YOU TO HAVE A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR PHONE" BALONEY - JUST GIVE US SOME ANSWERS TO FIX THIS KRAPP, OR GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK!!!

Mjmkwok

This!

100% this. I too have lost hope with this ongoing issue. Assurion has also been helpless with trying to get a replacement sent over. Phone is just as useless as its battery --- random freezes, shutdowns, etc. I have succumbed down to ensuring my Moto is always plugged or have my battery bank within reach.

With this many known issues you would think we could somewhat get better assistance. "Sorry this or that" isn't working and just as everyone has said, we've all lost information and data by resetting our phones time and time again.

Sad.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a consumer myself, I understand how frustrating it is when you cannot get the help that you need. I would like to gather a few details to best assist. Why did you contact Asurion for a replacement device? Was it replaced by them before or has there been any damage? When did the phone issues first start?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes