Re: Most recent system update (June 2nd or 3rd 2020) causing issue with Bluetooth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all the testing for the issue with the Bluetooth connection. We'll be looking into this further from a more software focus route. Please be sure to check for any new update or patches.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Most recent system update (June 2nd or 3rd 2020) causing issue with Bluetooth
Curvefan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same Bluetooth issue with my Moto Z4 after the latest update.  My phone is completely useless now regarding any Bluetooth connectivity... music, phone calls, etc.  I'm ready to trade it in for something else.  I have tried all of the suggestions, but the phone is still skipping continuously.  I'm so frustrated that  I want to trade this phone in on something else.  If a patch is ever released, I'm sure that it will be months before it happens.  

cruzu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue.  I reset the network settings.  I purged all Bluetooth data.  It did not fix the problem.  The audio stutters, regardless of the attached device (car, speaker, headphones) and regardless of the app (Podcast Republic, Audible, MediaMonkey).

0 Likes
cruzu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had Bluetooth scanning off anyway.  Now I've turned off WiFi scanning. It does actually seem to be helping. Thanks for the tip.

0 Likes
eolsonwatson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turning off WiFi and WiFi scanning(both have to be off, so it seems like any WiFi activity triggers it) does appear to fix the Bluetooth issue for me. Whatever the issue it seems you basically have to disable All WiFi to use Bluetooth. This is a temporary solution at best, hopefully there's a proper fix soon the preserves/returns the ability to use both simultaneously. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi OSUbeaver23, 

We always want your phone to be up and working properly. Sorry to hear that this is not happening after the recent update. Thanks for sharing the details of your conversation with the manufacturer and for providing a work around to fix the issue. We want to make sure that your issue is fixed correctly. Did you complete any troubleshooting with Motorola? I only ask so that we do not repeat the same steps. Next, if you now go back in your phone and  turn Wi-Fi scanning or Wi-Fi back on, does the Bluetooth quit working again? 

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xanakira,we're truly sorry to hear that you did not receive an update. You can rest assured that we're currently working with Motorola to find a solution to this Bluetooth audio issue.

Meanwhile, we have identified a few workarounds to resolve this behavior. If you have a 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency capable Wi-Fi router, please connect to the 5 GHz frequency. Also, please make sure to turn off Bluetooth and WI-Fi scanning for location services on the device via Settings>>Location>>Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Scanning>>Off.

Please let us know if this yields any results on your end.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's good to read that you have a work around while Motorola is working on the issue. Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

0 Likes
eolsonwatson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any update on when we might get an actual solution for Motorola or Verizon? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eolsonwatson, 

We understand your frustration and appreciate your patience. We do not have any specifics on the next update. You can check here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ for any new updates to correct this issue. 

JenelleW_VZW

0 Likes