Mobile HotSpot speeds
Rhinolunchbox
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is the best plan for linking up my phone to my laptop for internet use?

I currently have 600kbps (Go)

My husband has 100Mbps (Beyond)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile HotSpot speeds
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not the Go Unlimited Plan. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I use my Mobile Hotspot daily, Rhinolunchbox. I definitely understand the need for adequate speeds. It would be hard to say what the best plan for this feature is. This mainly comes down to your usage. Can you please tell me more about what you will be using the feature for? How often will you be connecting your laptop via Mobile Hotspot? Will your laptop be the only device connected, or will you have more than one device connected?

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
motohead342

SPRINT has a new UNLIMITED PREMIUM Plan with 100GB of Hotspot included for $85 a month. The same volume of data through VERIZON is $520 a month. $100 a month plan includes 30GB, + 70GB in 5GB bundles at $30 each = $420! $100 + $420 = $520 vs $85!!! Do you see a problem here?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If Sprint was reliable enough in the areas I frequent, I would consider the option. Unfortunately for myself and many VZW customers, that isn't the case. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want you to consider another carrier, motohead342. We have worked hard to build a far more reliable network with fast speeds and superior coverage. Also, you can get unlimited data for as little as $30 per line with at least 5 lines of services and Auto Pay linked to a debit card or checking account along with paper-free billing which is a phenomenal value. Check out our unlimited plans here: vzw.com/plans/unlimited If you have any questions, let us know. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Innova
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since my current Jetpack gets speeds of only around 3-5 Mbps on my laptop, I'm looking into Verizons Visable plan. Unlimited data for both phone and it's hotspot feature and it can be tethered to my iPhone7 for $40 a month total. The speed for the hotspot feature is capped at 5 Mbps, but that's what speeds I'm getting anyways. With my current iPhone plan and Jetpack plan, it costs me $100 a month. Visable's plan would be iPhone7 with hotspot feature for $40 a month, total.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Innova wrote:

Since my current Jetpack gets speeds of only around 3-5 Mbps on my laptop, I'm looking into Verizons Visable plan. Unlimited data for both phone and it's hotspot feature and it can be tethered to my iPhone7 for $40 a month total. The speed for the hotspot feature is capped at 5 Mbps, but that's what speeds I'm getting anyways. With my current iPhone plan and Jetpack plan, it costs me $100 a month. Visable's plan would be iPhone7 with hotspot feature for $40 a month, total.

Visible is a MVNO carrier using the Verizon Wireless network. The MVNO carriers are deprioritized behind the postpaid and the prepaid Verizon Wireless customers. 

0 Likes