Missing Keyboard Spacebar
adigirl48
Enthusiast - Level 1

My keyboard spacebar suddenly disappeared. Tried turning phone off and on again...still missing. Has this happened to anyone?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Missing Keyboard Spacebar
Tepocahuayo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to install a different keyboard from the play store, switch to the new keyboard in settings, then uninstall gboard, then reinstall gboard from the play store, then switch back to gboard in settings. Now the space bar is back.

If you don't install an other keyboard before uninstalling Gboard you may have trouble typing into the play store search to reinstall gboard.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try clearing the cache for the keyboard.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
adigirl48
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also getting pop-ups from Motorola telling me that Message stopped. Motorola updated the phone yesterday and screwed up my phone!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the keyboard pop up is certainly a crucial part of a smart phone. Let's get this working again.

What model Motorola is it? Which messaging app are you using?

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are always intended to improve your device experience, adigirl48. Let’s get this fixed. Since the update have you checked for application updates? What make/model device do you have? What options do you see under Settings > Language and Input?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Tepocahuayo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had this same problem after the latest update. Only solution was to uninstall Gboard and reinstall. But install another keyboard and switch to that in your input settings first or it may be hard to search in the play store for Gboard!

Tim72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've also had the same problem. Using a Moto Z Play. Space bar moved to the numeric key board. Happened with the recent system update. Using native Android keyboard. Tried turning phone off. Also cleared all data cache. Nothing fixes this. Need help.

THAARIS717
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem.

Please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that you need your space bar, we're going to get it back Tim72. Thank you for your efforts in troubleshooting. Please try path Settings>Apps>3 dots on the right> Show System>Google keyboard>Storage>Clear data. This will clear the data and cache for just the Google keyboard. Let us know if you experience the same issue after resetting the keyboard.

La'SindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

bcapp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did this and it didn't work. 

0 Likes