Re: MileIQ and High Accuracy Location Tracking
RDCushing1

I have my battery saver disabled, and my battery seldom gets so low as to need it. Thanks.

0 Likes
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for the details. I can assure you that we'll get to the bottom of this issue. Allow me to gather some more information. Can you tell me more about the notifier message you connected from the Verizon utility? How was this done?

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

We certainly want to help end the frustration that has been caused by the GPS functionality. I would suggest clearing the cache and data of the app via Settings>Apps>MileIQ>Storage> Clear cache and/or data then  test the functionality again.

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RDCushing1

Thanks. I did what you suggested. We will see if it makes any difference. “High Accuracy” tracking was disabled twice today, but I can’t seem to track down HOW or WHY it’s being disabled.

Many blessings,

Richard [removed]

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
RDCushing1

Okay. I found out what is disabling my high accuracy GPS service!

The service that disables it is call Verizon Device Services (or similar) and it is found under Device Health Report (or similar). Under Battery, it tells me that using GPS with high accuracy "can drain your battery," even when my battery level is above 60 percent, and has set GPS to "off."

I don't want this to happen, but this "app" cannot be found on my phone. It is apparently a SERVICE from Verizon, but I can't find a way to disable or control this function.

Help appreciated.

0 Likes