MileIQ and High Accuracy Location Tracking
RDCushing1

I use MileIQ for business. But there is some Verizon utility that runs on my phone every day (I think) that somehow believes it is doing me a favor by disabling the high accuracy location setting on my Android. Then I get message sometime later when MileIQ tells me it is no longer tracking my drives!

How can I turn off this utility that keeps messing with my location tracking?!?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Richard

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MileIQ and High Accuracy Location Tracking
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

isn't that what the app is supposed to do, track you?

do you have to use location services with this app or does it stand alone?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

To add to the questions already asked, do you have any battery restrictions setup on the phone? Have you given permission for the app to use your location?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

RDCushing1

Moto Z Force Droid

0 Likes
RDCushing1

Yes, MileIQ has permission to use location on the phone. And, no, I don't believe I have any battery restrictions set up on my phone.

0 Likes
RDCushing1

It is a stand-alone application that relies, of course, on location accuracy for "tracking" purposes.

0 Likes
samanthat_vzw
Verizon Employee

RDCushing1, we definitely want to ensure that you're enjoying the phone and are able to take advantage of the applications and services that you deem fit. We'd like to ask a few additional questions to gain further clarification and make sure that we're both on the same page. May we ask what leads you to believe that there's a Verizon utility that's turning off your location services for this MileIQ app? Can you also tell us how long you've been using the MileIQ app and when you started to notice that the location services were getting disabled?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
joeym_vzw
Verizon Employee

Making sure your location tracking is as accurate as possible is a must, RDCushing1. Do you know if your device goes into battery saver mode when your battery runs low? This alone will remove the high accuracy function. Do you have any third part security apps running in the background?

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RDCushing1

I believe I have connected a notifier message from a Verizon utility with the timing at which "high accuracy" GPS tracking is disabled and MileIQ quits watching my trips. I've been using the MileIQ app for about a year, and I started noticing the disruptions within a month or so of starting to use MileIQ. I've just gotten tired of living with it happening all the time.

0 Likes