Re: Microphone not working for outbound calls/snapchat
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

http://spr.ly/6586DQSPa, I apologize for not receiving a response earlier. I know how important it is to have a working microphone. I would want a resolution also. I just wanted to confirm if there was any type of Bluetooth device connected with the device that could be distorting the microphone?

I would like to try one last step. Can we please remove the SIM Card then place it back in? Please click the following link to review the steps on how to do this. http://spr.ly/6587DQSPx . Once this is completed, please tell me if this works.

Veronica_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mouse_vs_World

I don't currently own any bluetooth devices so that connectivity option is always disabled.

I shut down my phone, removed the sim/sd tray, replaced it, turned the phone back on, ran the hardware test and the microphone is still registering as "failed".

What's next?

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for completing those steps, Mouse vs. World. I understand that you are experiencing an audio issue when on calls. Does the issue persist when you switch over to speakerphone? Do you recall any changes on your phone before you noticed the audio issue? Please navigate to Settings>System Updates>Check for System Updates. Is your software up to date at the moment? I know you've completed a factory reset. Did you reinstall your apps after the reset? If so, please place your phone in Safe Mode: http://vz.to/2mtFtXl . This will disable third party apps like Snapchat, but we can test calls. Are you still having audio trouble on phone calls while in Safe Mode?

Lauren_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mouse_vs_World

Hello! The issues persist while on speaker, yes. In safe mode it...kind of works? But volume is very, very quiet even with the call volume turned all the way to maximum.

The only change to my phone was the most recent update (so my phone is up to date as well). I don't recall having audio issues before that.

I will note that I can hear and be heard during calls when I use headphones with an in-line mic. This is not a convenient solution, though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mouse.vs.World,

Thank you for diligently sticking with us to try and address this issue. In order to pull some additional information while searching for a root cause of this issue, can you provide the software version that you recently updated to and when the update occured? Also, what is the exact model of your device (Moto Z or Moto Z Force)?

Colin_VZW

0 Likes