Messenger app replacing a letter automatically
Knjwells

When I type in a text thru the Messenger app it automatically changes the letter without me doing so. For instance...I commonly used the letter "U" as a shorthand for "You" like alot of people do. When I type the letter "U" and hit the space button it automatically turns it into and "I". If I do not catch this it leads to very confusing and somewhat opposite text messages from what I originally meant. How do I delete the "I" from being an automatic substitute for the "U". They are right next to each other on the keyboard so fat fingers issue is enuf to deal with already.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messenger app replacing a letter automatically
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Knjwells wrote:

When I type in a text thru the Messenger app it automatically changes the letter without me doing so. For instance...I commonly used the letter "U" as a shorthand for "You" like alot of people do. When I type the letter "U" and hit the space button it automatically turns it into and "I". If I do not catch this it leads to very confusing and somewhat opposite text messages from what I originally meant. How do I delete the "I" from being an automatic substitute for the "U". They are right next to each other on the keyboard so fat fingers issue is enuf to deal with already.

Are you referring to the Facebook Messenger app, the Verizon Message+ app or some other messaging app?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Knjwells, we certainly don't want you to have confusing messages. I want to ensure we are on the same page. What messenger app are you using?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Knjwells

Message+ version 6.9.13

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, Knjwells. Is this happening with any other applications where you type? Which keyboard do you use on your device?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Knjwells

It does happen with other apps. FB messenger does the same thing. Google Gboard 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Knjwells wrote:

It does happen with other apps. FB messenger does the same thing. Google Gboard 

Suspicious as it happens with other apps.  Is there an option to provide feedback to the Google Gboard app developers?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Knjwells

All message apps on my phone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing these details with us. Keyboard functions can build a database for words you like to use. This can be reset within the options itself. Have you tried resetting the Goggle keyboard to clear the saved words? BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
Knjwells

Thanks for your reply. I do not know how to do that  butI will look into it a bit.

0 Likes