Lost Razr keyboard and google acct
Kgartman

Only have tap to speak

stupidly deleted some apps

should I do a factory reset?  Plenty of info on what you lose.  No info on what you get back...namely the original apps that came with phone like keyboard

I tried to add google account back but it won’t allow me to speak my password.  Thought if  could get n google store I could search for keyboard app.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lost Razr keyboard and google acct
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check to see if you only disabled the other default keyboard or if you had accidentally switched to the voice typing option. I believe the link below should get you to the html version of the user manual for your phone. If not, search for the correct model on the Motorola site or the VZW site. You will be looking for the Language & Input settings. 

https://help.motorola.com/hc/5500/10/esm/en-us/index.html?t=index

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kgartman

That’s the issue...the only keyboard I have now is “google voice typing”. I have no virtual keyboard to select because I assume there’s a related app that supplies it that I must have inadvertently deleted

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Gboard should have been the default keyboard installed besides the voice typing. If you also accidentally removed your Gmail account to not allow you to access the Play Store and it doesn't let you input your password to re-add your Gmail/Google account, you might have to factory reset the phone.

Prior to doing that, you should check your apps in the settings to verify the Gboard keyboard wasn't disabled. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These are great questions Kgartman, and important ones. Do you have your phone backed up? Do you use Google to back it up?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a keyboard is a must. Have you tried to manually select a keyboard? 

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open any app that you can type with, like Gmail or Keep.
  2. Tap where you can enter text.
  3. At the top left of the keyboard, tap Open features menu Open features menu.
  4. Tap More More and then Settings Settings.
  5. Choose which settings to turn on, like Glide typingText correction, and Voice typing.

Let us know how that works. - AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes