Highlighted

Limiting the number of contacts on a group text message

ILFC

I'm trying to send a text message out to a group of 22 contacts through the Pulse app.  The app does not limit the number of contacts in a group text message, but Pulse claims that they cannot get around the limitations of the service provider.

1.  Does Verizon limit the number of contacts in a group text message? 

2.  Or is it a limitation by my phone, Moto Z Play?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Limiting the number of contacts on a group text message

Community Manager
Community Manager

ILFC, we understand how important it is to have the ability to converse with many all at once. We deeply apologize, but this is a limitation of our messaging services. A group message can only support up to 20 contacts at once. At this time there is no option to add more than that amount. 

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

MJMillard

The group shows that I can add 250 people to the group.  To only be able to text 20 at a time, is a huge difference.  Maybe I just need a different message app I guess.

Disappointing

0 Likes
Highlighted

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@MJMillard wrote:

The group shows that I can add 250 people to the group.  To only be able to text 20 at a time, is a huge difference.  Maybe I just need a different message app I guess.

Disappointing

You are posting on an old thread. The limits between last year and this year have changed considerably. Using Messages plus you can have groups as large as 250.  I assume that any message app that is built into your phone can also message up to 250

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

MJMillard, I'm sorry for any confusion this has caused. I understand this group messaging feature is important for you. Mama23dogs is correct. A group can have up to 250 participants, and you can find more information on this link. http://spr.ly/66051GOtV Please refer to option #2 under 'Features of Verizon Messages (Message+)' for more clarification on this feature. http://spr.ly/66051GOtV

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes