Re: Insurance is a scam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah that’s not what we were told when we purchased the Asurion. Your Verizon sales team informed each and every one of us at the time we purchased our devices that Asurion would fix cracked screens for 29$. You publicly advertise that on your main website as the mail selling point of Asurion. Never in your documents even in the fine print does it say a word about a 250-300$ deductible for a used phone that may not be at the same standard as your current phone. Example being sending a cracked note 10 in for a water damaged refurbished iPhone 7 and paying 300$ plus forfeiting your flagship device with a minor crack in the glass for a internally damaged outdated model. That’s not a good deal and nobody would ever be incompetent enough to pay 30$ a month for premium insurance when you have to pay 300$ plus forfeit your Device for an older damaged device that may or may not continue to work. Don’t push your customers off onto Asurion because when you sell a product you should stand behind it and be honest with your customers from the time the service was offered. Hey like I said, y’all wouldn’t  make any money off of telling people the reality of insurance and Asurion. There’s a reason Asurion ratings online are a whomping 1.3- a beautiful 3.1 being absolute best. Get your team in line and quit taking advantage of your customers. We all pay too much to be borderline scammed by a company we are already under contract with and paying premium prices monthly. Thanks 

alandeanavery
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's cool though, because Asurion runs the scam so Verizon can wash their hands of any sort of responsibility for the false claims they used to sell you that insurance.

As a bonus, Verizon receives a healthy kickback from Asurion for their promotion and complicity.  Everyone wins. 

Except Verizon's customers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alandeanavery

This is never the way we want you to feel. What question or concerns do you have regarding how the device coverage works that we can assist you with?

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
samorneau
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, but my deductible for auto glass is $0 and my collision has a $500 deductible which is many times less than the cost of repair.  You charge more than it cost to get the glass replacement so how is that comparable to auto or home insurance.  My home burns down I pay $1,000 out of pocket.  I’ve been a financial advisor for over a decade and this is a rip off!

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes