Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,567 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
I uploaded old phone to cloud, downloaded to new Z3, only got most recent 90 days of texts, how can I get them all?
CGLPCGLP

I uploaded old phone to cloud, downloaded to new Z3, only got most recent 90 days of texts, how can I get them all?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I uploaded old phone to cloud, downloaded to new Z3, only got most recent 90 days of texts, how can I get them all?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Messages backup option only retrieves and restores 90 days worth of messages. To get all of the messages, you need to use one of the several SMS Backup applications available in the Play Store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I uploaded old phone to cloud, downloaded to new Z3, only got most recent 90 days of texts, how can I get them all?
CGLPCGLP

I think that it was Sept 5th I backed up old phone to cloud, then activated

new phone and downloaded from cloud to new phone, so old phone still has

all my texts, but I want to get them all before sending in old phone trade

in.  Old phone did not have any sms backup installed.  How do I get all

texts? Please advise.  Thank you.

Larry [removed]

Personal information removed a required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Using your home Wi-Fi, install SMS Backup application on old phone. Run the backup program option and save the backup file to your Google drive or if saved to the phone copy to your computer.

Then install the SMS Backup application on the new phone. Retrieve the backup file from Google Drive or your computer and save to the internal memory space of the new phone. Run the restore program option and selecting the backup file you had saved to the phone.

Enjoy all your restored messages.

SMS Backup & Restore - Apps on Google Play

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this answered. Our cloud service only backs up ninety days of text messages. If you need information from messages older than that, which are still held on your phone, we can recommend things like snapping a screenshot, then Emailing that to your self over Wi-Fi.

0 Likes