How do I get a new SIM card without changing my plan?
jellydonut98

I just bought the Moto Z Play Droid from Motorola's website because of the student discount they had going. Now I must figure out how to get a sim card without changing current phone plan. This is for upgrading a basic phone and keeping the same number. I ask for help as I have not done this before and assume I must bring my device into the store so I can get a sim card and upgrade my device from basic phone to smartphone without changing the plan. I still have the family plan with a large amount of data for a good price before Verizon instituted their new smartphone plans a few weeks ago.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to get new sim card without changing existing phone plan if transition from basic phone to smartphone with Bring Your Own Device.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question. If you have a Postpaid account, you can get one for free at any Verizon Wireless corporate store locations, via Customer Service at *611, or Social Media at Facebook.com/Verizon. Find a store near you by following this link, https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/. If you are a Prepaid Customer, your best bet is to contact our Prepaid Department at, 888-294-6804. They would be able to figure out what to do to keep your current plan while changing devices.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How to get new sim card without changing existing phone plan if transition from basic phone to smartphone with Bring Your Own Device.
rcschnoor
Legend

You can either stop by a Corporate Verizon store and ask for one or call CS and have them send you one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question. If you have a Postpaid account, you can get one for free at any Verizon Wireless corporate store locations, via Customer Service at *611, or Social Media at Facebook.com/Verizon. Find a store near you by following this link, https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/. If you are a Prepaid Customer, your best bet is to contact our Prepaid Department at, 888-294-6804. They would be able to figure out what to do to keep your current plan while changing devices.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

0 Likes