Go Unlimited plan
pgb212
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just received a text from Verizon indicating I have 10% remaining on my monthly 0% GB Mobile Hotspot allowance. Doesn't the go unlimited plan have unlimited hot spot data?

Labels (1)
Re: Go Unlimited plan
mama23dogs
Legend

Not at full speed.  Unlimited onky at 600 kbps.

Are you sure you have the Go plan?

0 Likes
pgb212
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the go unlimited plan and it stated the plan has unlimited hotspot at 600 gbps. Why would they tell me I have 10%  remaining of 0GB, if I have unlimited hotspot data?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pgb212, that's a great question, and we definitely want to clear up your concerns. The Verizon Go Unlimited plan has unlimited Mobile Hotspot with speeds up to 600 Kbps. Please tell us, had you ever received this type of usage alert before? Have you recently completed any plan changes?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
SnowAviation

I got that same message on April 6, then today April 8th, I got notified I used up my entire 0GB allowance and can only use 600 Kbps speed. 

Luckily, I'm used to 600 Kbps, because that's only speed I ever see while HotSpotting. 

I have made no recent changes to my plan.

0 Likes
dpatel12

Hi, 

I received the same message as above today with the Unlimited Go plan - we have not made any changes to the plan but were under the impression that it would be 'unlimited' mobile hotspot? Is this going to lead to an additional charge? 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@dpatel12 wrote:

Hi, 

I received the same message as above today with the Unlimited Go plan - we have not made any changes to the plan but were under the impression that it would be 'unlimited' mobile hotspot? Is this going to lead to an additional charge? 

No added charges, unlimited is unlimited with no added costs

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, dpatel12. We want to ensure that you have the correct information for Mobile Hotspot on the Go Unlimited plan. Please note that under the Go Unlimited plan, each line is allocated 15 GB to use for Mobile Hotspot. Once this limit has been reached, you may still continue to use Mobile Hotspot, please note that your speeds will be reduced to 600 Kbps. More information is here under item 7: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/go-unlimited-faqs/

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
Mindy2020

I got this same message, but I don't know why. I barely use my mobile hotspot, and I don't think I've used it at all this month. I've been streaming shows on the hulu app, but I've only used my phone/ data for this. Not the mobile hotspot. We have the unlimited data plan so it doesn't really matter I guess. Just curious why I'm getting this message

0 Likes
cjmcclain

The poster is saying that the Go Unlimited plan is already at 600 kbps hotspot speed. That’s as fast as the hotspot gets, ever, according to the information we were given when we purchased it. So, why are we receiving texts saying we have “went over” and our speeds will be slowed to 600 kbps? We are under the assumption were already at that speed. Care to clarify? 

0 Likes