Can I Unistall An Update From My Droid Z?
GERIP70

After I put in the first  update on the Droid z the battery ran out super fast even if the phone was on but not used. I have done all the suggested ways to improving battery life. If I uninstall the update the phone works great.How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: droid z battery issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't uninstall system updates to the phone. You can uninstall application updates back to the factory version of the application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't uninstall system updates to the phone. You can uninstall application updates back to the factory version of the application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GERIP70,

Help is here! Having a phone that has good battery life is important. A software update should enhance the phone, not hinder it.

When a software update has been done, there wouldn’t be a way to go back to the old version. Ann154, thank you for clarifying this.

Let’s make sure we get this resolved. From the below descriptions, how would you describe your usage? (Heavy User? Moderate User? Light User?)

Heavy User:
• Frequent use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
• Frequent use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
• Frequent web browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
• Frequent use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.
Moderate User:
• Occasional, light, or no use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
• Occasional or light use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
• Occasional or light browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
• Occasional or light use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.
Light User:
• Very light, or no use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
• Very light to no use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
• Very light to no browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
• Very light to no use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

Besides installing the software update, have you updated or installed any other apps to your phone?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes