Bluetooth disabled after OTA update
kisa2k

After receiving  latest update (NCL 25.86-11.4) Bluetooth disable and I could not enable it - trying to switch ON and it drops back to OFF.

Reboot, Factory Reset, reinstalling update though Verizon Setup Assistant - nothing helps. Looking started process I found that when I tick switch to ON - Bluetooth sharing process started and Bluetooth Gatt  started - but no other Bluetooth process (e.g. PanService, BTPbapService, HidService, Headset Service etc.) has been started. It more looks like software problem. But since there is no option to roll back to previous version I have to wait for the next update. Or there are other possible options ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth disabled after OTA update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kisa2k,

Having your Bluetooth working properly on your device is essential. We appreciate all of your efforts in this matter and we want to continue working on this to find you the best resolution. There are no known issues regarding the recent software update for your device. Can you let us know what type of Bluetooth connection you are having trouble with (car, computer, watch, headset)?  Also, can you please reset the settings on your device? Please follow this link to do so http://vz.to/2rqTYfk and share your results.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kisa2k

Thank you very much for your answer !

As I wrote before - I try everything - reboot, factory reset, clear cache partition, Restoring device using Verizon Update software etc - nothing helps.  Problem is I just can not enable Bluetooth - it is OFF and when I trying to turn switch ON  it only starts Bluetooth Sharing service and Bluetooth Gatt service and that all, As a result switch returns back to OFF . So I just could not turn it on. And Yes, I try Safe mode - same result.

It works before I start installing update and after update successfully installed and reboot phone I got this issue with Bluetooth.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kisa2k, we certainly understand the need for your Bluetooth to work, especially when you're driving in your car. I'm sorry to learn the update caused such an inconvenience for you. You're correct, if a factory reset didn't resolve the issue, then it most likely was disrupted after the update was downloaded, and a software update will most likely correct the issue. There are alternative solutions depending on the make/model of your phone. There are tools out there that can flash or repair the software if it became corrupted. What make/model phone do you have?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kisa2k

Thank you! I am interested in the software solution if there any other tools rather then Verizon Software Update assistant please , let me know.

I have Verizon Moto Z Force Droid  model XT1650-02 32Gb Lunar Gray. Serial Number [Removed]

Configuration version I15.MOT.XT1650.0

Currently on NCL 25.86 - 11.4 build .

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome. I'm sorry we weren't able to resolve this issue, but here's a link to keep an eye on the latest updates available. Also, please keep us updated with your issue in the near future. http://vz.to/2mYYUVu

0 Likes
gsellar

I have the same problem.

0 Likes