Access to restore Moto Z force in Software Assistant
karendar

Hello,

I have lots of issues with my Moto Z force droid since I updated to NCL26.118-23 build through OTA which now require me to restore the phone. The Restore button does not appear in the Verizon Software Assistant when I get to the end, it only says I'm on the latest version. How do I fix the software to do the restore?

Otherwise, is there a way to download the full firmware somewhere?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Access to restore Moto Z force in Software Assistant
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

karendar,

We want you to have smooth sailing with your Moto Z Force. Let's get this figured out. Have you performed a factory data reset since you've updated? What other issues are you having with your device?

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
karendar

Hi,

Factory reset completed already. The wifi doesn't work and bluetooth is flaky. From my investigation, it's probably an issue with either the modem or kernel which was not upgraded successfully by the OTA. The only true way of fixing it is by restoring the full firmware through the software assistant. So why does the restore button not display? Is the package just not available yet, so the app does not show you the restore function?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming a Factory Reset has been completed. Did you have to manually reinstall your applications?

0 Likes
karendar

The restore assistant did not restore my phone, it just froze. And whenever I access wifi, the phone crashes and reboots.

Just so you know, no basic troubleshooting steps will fix my issue. Getting the full firmware to flash back the phone to stock OR access to the software assistant is the only way to recover my phone. Right now, I have an expensive paperweight. Moto won't help, you don't seem to be able to help. PLEASE tell me if NCL26.118-23 build will be made available online anytime soon.

0 Likes