"Loyalty" Unlimited Data plan streaming issues.
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

I was switched over to the "loyalty umlimited" play a few months ago. Every since I randomly experience slow page loading and can barely stream anything. When I was switched over I was not invformed my plan would mean my connection would be "throttled when there is network congestion. I think it is a little misleading that my plan literally says "stream all you want" on the data summary but I have yet to have a single stream work without buffering CONSTANTLY(even at low quality/resolution streams). I know it's Verizon because it happens at the exact same time with the other phones on my plan. There have been multiple instances where I have been with a group where there are other Verizon customers with alternate unlimited data plans and their speeds are just fine right when my webpages or streams to buffer, buffer, buffer. 

Can someone with Verizon support please clarify the following:

-- What is the frequency at which my speed may be slowed down?

--  Is there any way I can verify when Verizon plans on throttling my data speeds throughout the day?

-- Is there any idicator I can use to prepare for bandwidth slow downs or verify when I am in this period? (I am tired of being taken by surprise)

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: "Loyalty" Unlimited Data plan streaming issues.
rcschnoor
Legend

@JoeMikeKnight wrote:

Can someone with Verizon support please clarify the following:

-- What is the frequency at which my speed may be slowed down? Whenever there is network congestion.

--  Is there any way I can verify when Verizon plans on throttling my data speeds throughout the day? Verizon does not "plan" to re-prioritize you data on any given schedule. The times can change because the time of congestion can change.

-- Is there any idicator I can use to prepare for bandwidth slow downs or verify when I am in this period? (I am tired of being taken by surprise) No, as there is no way to know when OTHERS will be using the towers at the same time you would like to do so. Those without plans which include re-prioritization will have higher priority to you as long as they have not met their data threshold. If you want a higher priority, you can always switch to a plan which gives you that.

0 Likes
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the responses. As terrible as the outcome is looking. I did forget one question:

Is there a minimum speed at which I will be reduced too?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to be transparent and set the right expectations with you. The Loyalty Go Unlimited plan receives the highest speeds based on congestion. Once congestion is relieved you will return to the speeds you are used to having. There isn't a minimum speed that is guaranteed to be reduced to during congestion because congestion can change minute to minute and vary from tower to tower to tower. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

So based on your response I can be reduced to 1 kbps? Im taking your response literal, keep this in mind. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Technically, your speed isn't reduced. It is just that your request has been placed behind others who have not had their priority affected by congestion.

But yes, if there is a lot of congestion on a tower, it could feel like your data speed would be very slow since others whose request comes in after yours was already received would be completed before yours was.

0 Likes
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

Could you please stop with the coporate shielding jargon and indirect addressing. I have seen your responses on other threads and I feel like its Ajit Pai behind your username.  It sounds like you mean to say that my data is being "paused". Is that the case. Am I temporarily running at 0Kbps even if its for milliseconds?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You must be looking at a VERY small percentage of my posts then, because I am just as likely to call out Verizon when they are in the wrong as point out the inaccurate things customers either assume to be true or knowingly state to be the case when they know what they say is inaccurate.

For example, I suppose my following recent post is ALSO "corporate shielding jargon"???

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/iPad/convert-cellular-data-ipad-to-wifi-only/m-p/1146433#M2...

After all, Verizon is not always wrong and the customer is not always right.

Lastly, when your data is continually placed behind the requests of others which came after yours, then you could say your data IS being paused. Kind of like the line of first class passengers at an airline check-in desk. They have a separate line and will be called before someone in the regular line of passengers, even though the person in the line of regular passengers may have been in line long before the first class passenger got in line. OR someone in the TSA pre-check line at the airport may have a much shorter line to get thru security at the airport than someone who does not have TSA pre-check.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is a possibility but not guaranteed. If you need a plan to better suit your data needs, please check our our Unlimited plans here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/ . BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JoeMikeKnight, we want you to have the speeds best suited to your needs.While the Go Unlimited plan is subject to reduced speeds anytime, we offer other plans that offer more 4G high-speed data. Pleas check your private messages for details.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes