new message indicator will not go away
AndeL013
Enthusiast - Level 2

A pic message errored during a group text yesterday.  Since then, the new message count on the Messaging app icon will not clear.  I deleted the thread and checked all other texts...nothing new to be found.  I tried clearing messaging cache, restarting, pulling battery, stopping and starting data, changing default messaging app, and nothing has helped.  Any idea how to fix it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: new message indicator will not go away
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AndeL013,

That is odd that the message indicator is still showing a message. Thank you for all the troubleshooting you have done thus far. Have you also cleared out all messages from your inbox so that there are no text messages showing in the messaging app? What application were you using that this appeared on? When clearing the cache on the messaging app did you also clear the data on the app?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Krismich

I have the same issue with Messaging on LG G3 and I have also done all of the things suggested here. When I clear the cache and data the indicator clears momentarily but it returns almost immediately even though there are no new messages in the queue. Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
AndeL013
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cleared the cache and cleared the data for the messaging app. The number went away briefly but as soon as I opened messaging, it came back.  I tried switching to Message+ and Hangouts (don't want to use either as default texting) and indicator goes away but as soon as I switch it back to Messaging, the number comes back.  Nothing seems to work.

0 Likes