my verizon mobile app crash
WooKim

My device has Wifi connectivity issue, so I want to "run health check" from My Verizon Mobile App. Whenever I try, this app crashes. Anyone has similar issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: my verizon mobile app crash
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure your My Verizon App is working the way it should WooKim. We are happy to help. When did this issue begin? Are there any updates available for the app on your phone? You can check this through the Google Play store.

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
WooKim

The app is up to dated. It happened a couple days ago while I'm following troubleshooting in Verizon webpage about wifi issue. But I have never run health check through My Verizon app, I don't know whether it functioned well previously.

My biggest issue is not the app but wifi issue. Starting from a couple days ago, my phone doesn't connect wifi at home, at work, both of which the phone used connect without any issue, and also at public places. Whenever I tried to connect wifi, it showes "saved". Once in a while, it's connected, but drops soon after. It connects to the network instantly right after rebooting the device but drops right away. Very often my home wifi and work wifi are not even showed up in network list. It's not a router issue because I have the same problem in multiple places.

I have tried numerous things including:

1. Forget network and re-enter password

2. Turn on/off and reconnect

3. Try to connect in Air plain mode

4. Try to connect after bluetooth off

5. Try to connect in Safe mode

6. Remove entire saved network

7. Network setting reset

8. Reset settings

9. Remove recently downloaded apps.

The only thing I didn't try yet is full factory reset of the phone.

Do you have any idea how I can solve this issue or it's the end of life of my phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying all of those troubleshooting steps. We want to make sure your device is fixed. Do you have the same issues with all Wi-Fi connections? Is your device on the most recent software available? Is there any physical or water/liquid damage on the device?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

0 Likes
WooKim

Do you have the same issues with all Wi-Fi connections? Yes

Is your device on the most recent software available? Device updates software automatically. Since its wifi problem 2 days ago, there won't be much update.

Is there any physical or water/liquid damage on the device? No

0 Likes
WooKim

Do you have any solution since I didn't hear back from you yet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying all of those steps for us. This seems to be an odd situation. Since the device has the same issues with all connections, your best bet would be to do a Factory Reset. We recommend backing up your device to at least two different sources to make sure your information is safe. You can use Verizon Cloud, Google Photos, Gmail, and other similar application. Let us know if you are able to work with different Wi-Fi connections after this.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

0 Likes
WooKim

I'm negative to factory reset. First of all, my plan is 2Gb 2 lines sharing data plan, which is not enough to do backup. Second, if factory reset doesn't work, I have to download all the apps using my data. I can't afford that with my plan. Third and most importantly, I have a strong feeling that it's hardware problem, not software. I have tried virtually every effort except factory reset including network setting reset and reset settings, which didn't work. The wifi connection never occurs manually with showing "saved" or "wifi connection failed" massages. However, I noticed that phone gets connected to wifi occasionally spontaneously, and this is more frequent when the phone is very close to the router (within 2 m). Even this connection drops quickly. I feel this is wifi antenna malfunction. I wonder if you can give me any recommendation about phone hardware repair - warranty, where to go, price etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WooKim, I appreciate you working with us on the Wi-Fi connectivity issue. It's time for us to take a look on our end. I've sent you a private message to your inbox. Please take a look and respond. I look forward to working with you soon.

La’SindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes