lgk20v cannot remove/uninstall widget from home screen
marjami

I am trying to uninstall /remove unused/unneeded widgets  - e.g. Feed/music/quickmemo (3 icons)/weather (3 icons) etc. and cannot remove them from my Apps home screen. I have tried dragging each of them to the top of the screen which shows Remove - but then they still appear and I cannot remove them.  Please advise. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lgk20v cannot remove/uninstall widget from home screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The LG K20 V is a great device that will allow you to customize your home screen, marjami. Let's take a closer look into what's going on with your apps. Some apps are preset apps that cannot be removed from the phone. You can however disable these apps. Apps that have been downloaded from the Play Store can be removed and uninstalled. You can learn more about managing your home screen here, http://spr.ly/6609G8EJ9. You can learn more about removing apps from the home screen here as well, http://spr.ly/6600G8EJi. Please let us know if any of this helps.

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
marjami

Thank you very much for your reply and advice.  However, as mentioned in my original post, I have tried to remove these unwanted/unneeded widgets from my home screen using the exact method you have suggested, and they are still displayed on my screen.  I simply do not need or use the ones I want to remove. Disabling them is not the option I am looking for. I would just like to simply delete/uninstall them off my home screen and from my phone, as they are just bloatware to me.  What is the purpose of disabling them when they are still taking up space on my phone.  If there is any other method to simply get rid of them I would appreciate any further suggestions. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand wanting to be able to customize for device and only use widgets you find helpful. Based on the information you provided, these specific widgets/apps cannot be uninstalled on your device. The apps will use space and disabling them will not  provide the results you're looking for. I have widgets on my phone that aren't able to be deleted and take up space, as well. We want to value your time and let you know that the device is working as expected. Are you running out of storage space and need additional options?  SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes
marjami

Thank you for your reply. I just DONT WANT these unused/unaccessed /unneeded BLOATWARE on my phone.  Are you saying that there is no way for me to delete/uninstall/remove these annoying apps?  Also, how do I remove all the unwanted Google Play Store Apps installed on my phone?

Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marjami, the applications themselves that are preinstalled on this device cannot be removed. You can however clear the cache on this application in order to help free up some space. CecileC_VZW

0 Likes