intermittent A2DP
AtamaGaShock

Hopefully I'm using the right terminology with the A2DP... Every morning I get in the shower and I hit play on my Bluetooth speaker. I know that the phone is pairing with my speaker every time but I can't always make the music in multiple music programs (Google Play Music, Cloud Player) play by hitting the play button on the speaker...I actually have to go get the phone and hit play on the phone screen. Funny thing is, it doesn't happen every morning...sometimes, I hit the play button on the speaker and it does its thing as it should. I don't think it has anything to do with the lock screen or anything else I can figure out...sometimes it will play, sometimes it won't. But it pairs as it should.  It's not just that shower speaker...the same thing happens with my BT car stereo and its button that makes music play/pause...sometimes I get in the car and hit it and the tunes start playing, other times it won't...what's worse is that sometimes I'll hit it and it gives me a 15 to 20 second pause and THEN it finally starts playing. The problem with that is I don't know what it's doing, so I potentially hit stop, start and stop again. This happened pre-Marshmallow update and continues to happen. I actually reached out to Google Play Music and they said to contact the manufacturer. So I'm hitting up Verizon support first to see if they know anything about it.  I just don't understand why this problem is so intermittent!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: intermittent A2DP
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AtamaGaShock I can't live without my bluetooth speaker. Let's make sure you don't have to. You mentioned this issue had been happening before the update, about how long has it been going on? Were there any other recent changes to your phone, like new apps? We look forward to your response.
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AtamaGaShock

I believe it started happening as of the update to Lollipop...one tidbit I

forgot to add...once it's realized that hitting play on the speaker won't

start it, and I hit play on the Google Play widget and/or app itself to get

the music going initially, the controls on the BT speaker usually work

after that initial play via the phone...I can ff/rw songs, and stop the

music via the play/pause button on the speaker "post-shower"! I just can't

initiate the play. Same thing in the car...

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 4:42 PM Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AtamaGaShock, I like listening to my music when getting ready for work, so I feel for you. I have a few bluetooth speakers, and I have come to learn that it really does depend on compatibility.

It is absolutely normal to have to control music from your actual phone sometimes, because the phone is emitting the bluetooth signal to the speaker. Wireless signals don't always pick up on controls. For the best results you want to buy a speaker that is the same brand of your phone.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes