Re: Would you like to have LOLLIPOP on your G3? I can help and its legit and WORKS
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

That was a bad chat representative then. I just talked to one about the wifi syncing issue that everyone has with this update and she knew about the issue and that the update was pushed Friday.

0 Likes
Re: Would you like to have LOLLIPOP on your G3? I can help and its legit and WORKS
DJH06
Contributor - Level 1

Well maybe it was. But that doesn't explain why it just simply won't work for me.  I am fully capable of this stuff and nothing I do gets my computers (8.1 or Vista) to recognize my device.  I don't know if it has something to do with having the Best Buy version or not.  I go to LG, click the basic VS985 drivers (version 2.20.0) and install them without the phone connected.  I connect via USB and click on to run the upgrade assistant.  It installs and then it checks for my device and NOTHING.  No phone, current software, ZIPPO. 

DJH06
Contributor - Level 1

And,  forgot to add that when I do connect,  it pops up a Web page for me to download the backup assistant desktop app

0 Likes
Biggdubbya
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry for those that this didn't work for them. I can promise I'm not on a rooted device, I've had no issues with my upgrade to the 23C version. I even called Verizon today about their OTA today is only 23B and was informed that I'm just on a better version than they are pushing. That I did nothing wrong on using the LG upgrade assistant and that LG has obviously pushed the higher version through the upgrade assistant. So I do not have any wifi issues, as a matter of fact mine got better. So for those saying it wouldn't work for them i'm sorry it wouldn't, I don't know why. I just thought I would offer some help for those looking to upgrade their G3 as I did.  

0 Likes
Biggdubbya
Enthusiast - Level 3

From12B_to_23C.png

0 Likes