Would you like to have LOLLIPOP on your G3? I can help and its legit and WORKS
Biggdubbya
Enthusiast - Level 3

So i can bet if your like me your waiting for your g3 to get the latest android 5.0.1 lollipop for your G3, well i can help.

Go take your G3 an plug it into your computer/laptop and click on the LG Verizon software upgrade assistant. When you see your device it will show your device running on the 12B version and if you click upgrade it will start upgrading a very large file, around 1592.00MBytes and let it run its course. DO not unplug your device it will take about 10min to do the entire process. when your phone is done optimizing and restarts then you can unplug your device. You'll notice changes right from the start, go to about phone and check your software info and you will see now that its running android 5.0.1 version 23C. This is an official LG and Verizon update as it comes from them so no worries there. I don't know why Verizon hasn't let people know of this option but its there and works. WELL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE G3 AS IT WAS MADE TO REALLY BE ENJOYED. 

Labels (2)
Re: Would you like to have LOLLIPOP on your G3? I can help and its legit and WORKS
DJH06
Contributor - Level 1

I can't get the upgrade assistant to even show my device.  It checks for device settings but nothing is ever displayed, including phone or version.  I tried on my windows 8.1 laptop and vista.  Nothing gets it to be recognized or indicate an update is available. 

Re: Would you like to have LOLLIPOP on your G3? I can help and its legit and WORKS
Snn5
Legend

That update assistant has never worked on any of the last 4 phones I have had with Verizon nor the last 4 replacements of the last phone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If it is available via the assistant, it is also usually available via tapping Phone Update in Settings.

0 Likes
Biggdubbya
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know why it wouldn't work. I had no problems about it updating my device or others that have done it this way on google plus. Well I can't say it worked for them all, some have reported having issues. When you plug it in the computer will have a pop up that will ask you what you want to do and if you click it then it should bring up a list of options to choose from. The top one is the LG Verizon update assistant, click it. Then it will bring up the pop up of your G3 with the software version currently running on it and it has to be VS98512B to be able to be updated. Then click the upgrade device now and it will start the update to VS98523C. I don't know why Verizon doesn't have this as OTA as it is an official Verizon LG software update. I've never tried it till today and i'm on my 5th replacement now, but it worked for me. It has made a major improvement on my G3, it runs way smoother and a lot faster. I even checked my wifi connection and it went from being 65Mbps to 150Mbps on my 5Ghz channel. Sorry if this way doesn't work for you, I don't know why it wouldn't. I do know that it says you must use the LG USB that came with the device or it will not work properly. I also know if your running it rooted then you have to unroot it install the 12B version then do the above steps to get Android 5.0.1.

0 Likes
Biggdubbya
Enthusiast - Level 3

From12B_to_23C.png

0 Likes
Biggdubbya
Enthusiast - Level 3

Screenshot_2015-04-10-11-30-23.png

0 Likes
jayare
Contributor - Level 2

If you look on the Software Update page, it now shows the latest date of update for the G3 to be 4/13/2015. Obviously, that is in the future (tomorrow), so the update is coming. That may be why the process you mention is now working.

0 Likes
Biggdubbya
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your probably right. That wasn't showing on there yesterday so maybe it was

added today. That's still pretty cool, either way it works.

0 Likes
andirobinson
Enthusiast - Level 3

This does not pop up when I plug my phone in.  It just gives me the standard Auto-Play options.  Am I doing something wrong?

0 Likes